1UZ-FE to gearboxes and autos

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Guts said:
As far as I know ALL transfer cases that came in a IFS hilux are chain driven, I have to run the gear driven case as I have rockhopper low range reduction gears in my transfer case.
Guts

In Oz yes, but the 1986/87 US Toyota came with a 22R EFI which was fitted with an R151 and gear transfer. They are available as I tracked one down and had it shipped. You can see the gear transfer etc.

You can then use the stronger R151 series trans which combined with your rockhoppers and a 4.31 1st would give you good gears.

But you could use the G52/W series Dellow bellhousing ($495) if cost is a consideration but IMHO the G52 will break and much better to start with a stronger trans.

R151a.jpg

I am just going to use the G52 for now as I have 2 of them here, I know I WILL break them but it don`t bother me that much. When I have broken the second one I`ll go to the stronger box. I am going to use the Castlemain Rod Shop adaptor as you can modify it later (meant to be easy) to take the stronger box. With dellow I have to buy a new adapotor.

madmont said:
a340h is a 4wd automatic transmission from 4runner about 1990 transmission is much the same as one from lexus etc but has fewer clutches also speed sensors are different
What is bettor more or less clutches?
If less clutches is better, is it hard to mate that box upto the engine, I have never done anything like this before either?

Also which sump would be best for a swap into a MWB Land Cruiser?

Registered in QLD therefore does not have Spring Over Conversion, will this affect engine position \ sump choice much?

If there is a preferred sump, which car\model would it be out of and which box comes with it?

The other option left open to me is staying with my manual, would the engine have good power with an auto behind it in a 4WD Offroader?

Can anyone estimate costs at all on either conversion with manual or auto, having trouble working it all out, not know which way to go...

Last edited by a moderator: