1UZ Builder - Looking to buy a 500hp engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

svsgt1

Ok, Does anyone know of a place that will build a high performance 1UZ for me? Or does anyone with experience want to take on this challenge for me? I’m looking at buying a 500hp (475-550hp is my range) and wanted to know if anyone knew where I could get such an item. Toysport.com seems to have things like this but they don’t seem to respond to any of my emails or phone calls so I wonder if they are still in business. I know there are places in NZ and Australia that build these motors but I don’t know of any since I live in the US. If someone could please point me in the right direction and give me some information on shops that would build this engine for me that would be great.

Thanks,

Adam

Looking for 500hp at the crank. Of course if you can make one that will give me that at the wheels I wouldn't so no butr I don't see that happening in reality. Would you guys be willing to build an extra engine strictly for sale? I am wililng to buy.

I havent seen N/A 1uz made 500 yet. Perhaps i am wrong. I know few guys with ITB are reving up the hp, but i think it would not be cheap or easy. I am more of the bottom end guy for right now. Heads, Valves, cams, and exhaust would be Aussies.

What would that be without the ITB's? Just curious as I am looking at getting a set of those but don't know if I want to spend the money on the hp increase.

svsgt1 said:
What would that be without the ITB's? Just curious as I am looking at getting a set of those but don't know if I want to spend the money on the hp increase.
Can someone tell me the size of the standard 1UZ TB or even better the flow of one at 3.0 in hg?

svsgt1 said:

I assume you want naturally aspirated power. That said, FI is a much cheaper way to achieve your goals. Super or Turbocharged. Assuming a peak torque for this engine of 325 you would need to maintain that torque level to over 8000rpm. This is NOT an easy or cheap task. It is doable but adding low speed use to the equation increases the price that much more.

A pair of small turbos or one larger one off the back of your headers would get the job done MUCH easier. 450 torque only requires 5850rpm. You can do this on the stock assembly with around 7psi boost.

What are your goal parameters including use, drivability and budget?

Well at first I was going to turbo or supercharge teh engine. Then I decided lets just keep the car the way it is because it is already insanely fast and if I increase the power too much then I would start to break things more often then I already do as it is a race car and not a production car. So then I had some extra money around and figured I would get the Individual throttle bodies to get a decent increase in power. Well that seems to be quite complex and not cheap. Probablly $2k US by the time evrything is said and done if not a little more. So then I figured if I'm going to spend that much on an add-on why not just try to find an already built engine, but that doesn't exist either. And to get anwhere near 500hp out of this engine woudl definietly not be very streetable. The car is a street car that gets used on the track occasionaly, but I guess I really want to make it more of a street car then a race car and give it that realiability factor that it needs to be driven on a some what regular basis. That is why I didn't want to go for the forced induction because I didn't want so much power on a stock engine that it would be too unreliable. But I guess if I went for a FI setup and ran low boost I would still get the power wanted and make it streetable. It would cost a pretty penny but not too much anyway if you do it yourself.

The current problem is I have been working on teh car non-stop for about 3 months now and I am close to completing the upgrades (fuel system, add surge tank, re-engineered shift system, re-engineered coolant system, new radiators, pain, re-engineered door mounts/hinges, etc etc) so I really want to get it done. If I would have started the project with the intent to make it FI then I would be much further along as that is a pretty big project. So I think I will just finish my car the way it is and then go to FI later if I feel it is easy and cheap enough. I like the supercharger setup as it seems very easy. All I would need is a manifold, supercharger, and bigger injectors I think. As I already have the ECU and fuel system support. But I like the idea of the turbos as it is more efficient, would make more power, etc. But it seems to be much more complex as I woudl need new headers and woudl have to create many more exhaust pipes etc etc. Fitment for both would be an issue but I think both woudl work as if you can fit a supercharger under the hood of your LS or GS then I would most likely be able to fit it under teh bonnet of my car. I think I will just finish it the way it is and make sure that it runs reliably. ( I had several oil leaks from teh tranmission and engine, which is one of the reasons why I don't want to go turbo as they seem to be more complex with the oil system plumbing as opposed to the supercharger.) Once the reliability is there then I may go for FI, but most likely I will already be building my next project by that time. (Actually I plan to build a complete carbon fiber, chassis and body, 67-68 camaro with fuel injected engine and 6 speed tranmission, but that will take several years I'm sure) Anyway, I think that is what I will do unless someone comes along and say, I have an engine built with X horsepower and I am selling it for Y dollars, then it would be a relatively easy swap into my car. [Hell maybe I will just start looking for a supercharger for cheap and buy one if I find it at teh right price, then I coudl just get a manifold and injectors. But I think I really need to make up my mind first. ha ha ha ha]

Thanks,
Adam

JBrady said:
Well, how does a single 75mm 1998-2000 1UZFE make 310 torque? More with mods? CFM is only a measurement of volume. Mass flow is the key.
With VVTi-L probably.

This is using Kelford 207-C cams which give up some low end torque for peak torque up the top.

Also Dyno2000 does not model DOHC so well from what I can see, however the differences beween mods seems to be fairly accurate.

Bullet

You need to have a look at the MX5 bullet site .
They do V8 Soarer/LS400 blower kits for Aus $5500.00 still using the standard injection , gives around 400 HP , if you then use their pistons [ to lower the compression ratio ] and the Autronic controller plus what ever the sky is the limit .
I have actually driven a soarer with one of their blowers on it and the thing was awesome , completely streetable , in fact you wouldn't know it was there apart from the extra punch right from idle and when you lift up the hood it looks factory , worth every cent and I'm saving my pennies so I can fit one to my celsior .

Attachments

• bearing.jpg
    bearing.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 9
I love these older threads...The current wizards of the Lextreme forum with rookie knowledge back in the day...

As the guru members of Lextreme now know you are only going to achieve 500whp or even 500bhp thru boost on an 1uz-fe motor... (Supercharge, turbocharge) You can try ITB's, Exhaust, Intake MAP, Cams and still not achieve that hp goal N/A style.... Unless you can rev the motor into the 9000rpm range like the 4.3L Ferrari motors it's not happening N/A...