1995 on LS400 brakes on a Soarer

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jem

These arrived today from Lextreme, fantastic service once again:banana: They are 1995 onwards LS400 calipers and discs 315mm.

This is a trail fit. The dust sheld at the back of the disk is going to have to come off or be modded. The wheels clear the new calipers, but the calipers are going to need a gentle meeting with Mr. Grinder to make them fit the hubs, they only need about 5 or 6mm shaved off in an area where there is alot of metal, so can't see it being an issue.

Next to the old disc they look HUGE
IMG_6025.jpg

Old brakes fitted
IMG_6026.jpg

New ones
IMG_6022.jpg

A little closer:
IMG_6023.jpg

And the clearence between the caliper and wheel
IMG_6024.jpg

Now going to grind off what's needed, spray them black (unless someone has a good suggestion on another colour) then fit with braided lines all round and DOT 5.1 fluid.

Yes thay are alloy. To fit them to the Soarer you do need to file off the bit shown in the pics below (not sure if you have to on the SC400). I've now rounded of the sharp edges of the filed bit and painted them black. Just waiting for that to dry and I'll be adding Lextreme stickers and clearcoating over them.

IMG_6036.jpg

IMG_6037.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_6039.jpg

IMG_6040.jpg

Well got them all fitted and new DOT 5.1 fluid in the whole system today, with stainless braided brake lines all round and gave the rear callipers an overhaul too.

My word what a difference!!!! Leaving the workshop they were crap:smash: but then they wern't bedded in. Gave them ten miles and they started to bite and on the back roads back home from Peterborough they just got better and better. Still took it easy as they're new, but but the time I got home the initial bite and pedal feel is fantastic, better than any other Soarer I've driven:) Can't wait for a dry day to take the car on a blast in the Lincolnshire Wolds, I bet I can't overheat these quickly like I could the old ones.

IMG_6048-01.jpg

IMG_6049-01.jpg

IMG_6050-01.jpg

I had to grind off just about 1mm at the exact location as you did on the caliper. However, you don't have to grind that off on some calipers, although they're all Toyota factory. I guess that's just a minor fault in the casting process, or maybe from different manufacturers that Toyota uses. And since the LS has larger fitting area than the SC400, it won't matter anyway. I think the clear coat or any paint is too hot for the sticker glue, and it melts the glue. You may ask David for another set of the sticker. I have it on mine and it's nice...!!! You should use drilled/slotted rotors for your rear brake, too. They'll help a lot more and balance your braking effort.

The big calipers combined with big newly machined rotors and Stainless Steel lines and TRD pads(although some say there are better 'cold' pads that give instant bite) are a huge gain over first, the normal SC400 set up, and the upgraded Soarer TT setup, that I had on the car (again with TRD pads). A fluid flush and Motul RBF 600 finishes the job and can even take light track work. I have no reservation in saying this is a great result for little cost. The main thing you have to check is the clearance of about 68-70 mm from the rotor face to the inside of the spokes of the rim........other than that a no brainer

Oh, and don't forget the increased strength swaybars back and front and if you must a set of coilovers. I notice that the US spec Tein SS are set at 14F or 16F and 8R(fall back settings but not the only spring rates you can order).....does anyone have an opinion on this setting?

Oh, and don't forget the increased strength swaybars back and front and if you must a set of coilovers. I notice that the US spec Tein SS are set at 14F or 16F and 8R(fall back settings but not the only spring rates you can order).....does anyone have an opinion on this setting?
I'm running the Tein SS on my SC400 (your Soarer) and it's great. I set it at almost the softest because I have the Supra lower control arms that are stiffer than the stock SC.

95-70mm clearance?? dude my old 18x7.5's had horrible clearance for the supra TT calipers but once I got a 1/4'' spacer the rim spokes cleared the caliper by 3mm!!! I was told over and over to watch it but I never had any problems... sure looked cool though if you got right up next to it, almost touching and all. im seriously considering the 95 swap over these TT's. Their a couple mm smaller but weigh almost half as much... thats a lot of saved kinetic energy.