1991 hiace 1uz conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I have one of the fussiest cert guys around and never have issues with the work we have completed on the vehicles with most of my conversions going straight through. My conversions are some of the tidiest around and most look factory. If your guy wants 4 bolts then you will have to do as he says. It becomes his responsibility when he certs it. In some conversions the hoops get welded into cross members and I work on the theory that if I think its safe, that it is a item I would have in my own vehicle and it is well made then it's ok. Working this way I have no issues with my workmanship. And I do heaps of conversions too. Cheers

what do you guys recomend i do with the throttle body position should i cut the intake plenum that throttle body bolts onto and angle down alittle and beat seat so it clears the throttle or also i have been thinking of putting the throttle body down in airbox and have piping from the plenum to there but doing this whats the throttle response like?
cheers

We have done both ways. I prefer to leave the throttle body up the top but its much easier on 1kz-te supercustoms or when you have manual with aftermarket ecu. I would say you would be better to move it into the airbox area. Cheers

Just fine. It is a van remember. A 1uz in a van is a really nice setup when done correctly. They make nice power but not too much. The exhaust note is lovely and these motors are pretty forgiving with what you can do. The different ones we have done you would notice the throttle response with all things being equal. Cheers

Hopefuly getin ace bak frm sparkie ths wknd all going well and should hopefully get it goin by nxt week sumtime as still waiting on a cuple parts. Who do u guys recomend to get to do the power steering plumbing?

I got my hoses done at Hydralink here in Chch when my mate worked there. They did a pretty decent job but think they may be on the pricey side.

come up the coast to kapiti diesel man.... did my high pressure hose for $100 its the bloody fittings that are expensive.... mounting the resiviour was a cock for me, have seen them in the battery box though which would be way easier than what i did but i have my ecu in the box so not alot of room left....

yeah iv still gota come hava look been abit busy latly.

got a guy from enzed in seaview coming out this week to sort the power steering out.

how much oil roughly does the 1uz auto transmision take from empty?

The reserviors where in the factory position on the P/s Pump. Can check and top up without removing the seat cover without an issue.

mine might be a older motor or something... because it wasnt mounted to the pump like others ive seen.... unless it was removed before i got the motor or something?

Soarers have a remote style power steer reserviour so as you started with a rear sump motor that is correct - separate reserve. Front sump motors have the reserviour directly on top of the pump. (except for factroy hiace which where front sump with remote reserviour) This is for series 1 and 2 motors. VVti the change. Cheers

Yes they are both the same mounting points. Or you can swap the reserviour off a front sump onto a rear sump pump. The Front sump has the p/s idle up valve in the pump while the rear sump has it in the outlet bango fitting. Cheers