130 Series Hilux/Surf gauge wiring

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mattmannz

I have an LN130 Surf which has a 1UZFE run by a Link V4 ecu.

I have installed a V6 EFI gauge cluster to get the rev counter to work.

I have the factory wiring diagram which shows a black wire on one of the connectors running to the gauges so I cut it and spliced the Link wire in but no joy.

I have a 4cyl cluster so tried that as well, still nothing so obviously the wrong wire on the cluster then.

Anyone else done this?

Cheers
Matt.

Splice along side the black wire on top ignitor(it has 1 extra wire then the bottm one..)..I tryed the wire that came from the cluster side on the loom and the signal is very weak..use the signal off the ignitor and you should be all set..thats what i used..cheers

u need a tacho booster

not surf or hilux or 4runner dash will work unless u run a tacho booster

u need to run the 4cyl tacho not the 6 as it will read wrong anyway

just buy a cheap tacho and set ti to 4 cyl

or i can sell u a tacho booster which can have 4 inputs and add them together and have one output

u just run the inputs of the coil triggers

Hi Sideshow.

I am running a Link ignitor which doesn't have a tach output on it so I am using the Link ECU tach output wire.

I have both a 4cyl and a 6cyl gauge cluster. Both of them have a pot which can be adjusted to get the tach reading correctly.

I would have thought that the factory gauge cluster would work okay as it came from an EFI vehicle. I believe there are two styles of tachs, low input and high input. I thought that EFI vehicles were all low input.

What is the tach booster?

Cheers
Matt.

Hello Matt - EFI toyota surf normally still use a high level - try running off one of the coils negitive side - worked when we ran a mitsi dual ignitor - cheers

just cause tos efi doesnt mean tacho is low input

its only low input if the signal comes from the ecu

as the ecu cannot produce a strong output

yes if yr runnning 2 ignitors and coils only

then run the tacho off the neg side of one of the coils

its only when u r runnign 4 or 8 coils u will get stuck

dont have much experience with link cause hard to get good help about it in australia

give me a microtech any day

ive done 30 to 40 of them and never had a prob

New link G3 have the ability to calibrate the tacho output - very good if running multicoil. older ones you are stuck with what they were setup with. Most early toyota are high so off the coil is best. Output from link is likely to be 8 cylinder anyway. It takes a while to find who is best to talk to at link but now I sell quite a few I have less problems. Our Kiwi microtech dealer is pretty good - cheers

Thanks guys, will tap into one of the coils then. I had assumed that the cluster would be low input - you know what they say about assumptions!

Anyone know off the top of their head which lead is the neg on the coil?

Cheers
Matt.