02 sensors and mil's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

alpinesupra

the reason for this thread is to learn more.
ive never seen the under chasis or motor works with the wireing and o2 sensor positions so thats why i ask.
now i know most the older gm's and ford's (pre 95) dont really have to use the mil eliminators but i know for a fact gm's and ford's (post 95) generally have to use them because of the 0bd2 type ecu programing, where as the obd0 or obd1 ecu programings either didnt have to or very rairly had to.
what im asking is do the lex v8's post and pre 95 have to use mil's to keep the o2 sensor(s) from triping and sending a check engine signal?? and if so how did you guys get rid of this check engine signal from the o2 sensor?? if not do i not have to worry about triping an o2 sensor??
to clearify this thread i will be running an off road x pipe with no cats and dont want to trip any o2 sensor codes.
thanks
-sean

I just went through the same thing. I ended up breaking one of my o2 sensors and it was throwing a heater circuit and o2 circuit malfunction. The mil eliminator will not help. You need to replace the o2 sensor.

Also a cheap way for mil elim is to go and get a pack of spark plug non foulers from the local auto parts store. They are 18mm and fit in the o2 bung. They cost 5 bucks for the pair and work just as good as the 50 dollar ones.

Last edited by a moderator: