Help help. Just broke motor, what to do!!!???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Oh, wait a minute, how did you fit the Y pipe to the catalysts? What size pipe? What other Y pipe mods?

I dont have a Y pipe. Its 2.25 mandrel bent from the cat flanges to the back w/x pipe, true dual. Maybe thats why. Other people have the Y pipe & that might be making there difference.

XR8TT Edit..Fixed.. Yes your right. !!!! Sheesh !!!
---------------------------------------------

Random pics were bad enough; now we have random posts? :) Betcha you meant to post this is Dr. Jeff's Bangkok racetruck thread. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so now im wondering if its possible to put the 6spd auto tranny in my car now. wonder if the wiring harness plugs are the same. maybe swap tranny ecu's & it work. that would be super cool. are those trannys expensive & hard to find?

Both the GS and SC have the same 5 speed that the VVTi SC has so keeping it within the UZ family might be hard. What about a 6 speed manual? Then your SC will be track ready :D

Both the GS and SC have the same 5 speed that the VVTi SC has so keeping it within the UZ family might be hard. What about a 6 speed manual? Then your SC will be track ready :D

Im a paraplegic so i gotta have a auto w/the hand controls. I was reading @ the lexus dealership yesterday that the 2010 sc430 has a 6spd auto tranny. Thats what im wondering, if all sc430's had it or what year it started, & could i make it work in my car. still same family.

Good point. Your correct about the 2010 having the 6-speed and that it is still being mated to the 3UZ so I dont see why it wouldn't work. Only issue I suppose would be finding a "used" 2010 transmission. Talk with Lex on this one.. he has the connections to help you source one.

One interesting tidbit I just found is that the sc430 used to clock 0-60 in 6.2 seconds and now with the 6-speed for 2010 it claims the same job with the same power at 5.8 seconds. If you can grab one for a reasonable price it should be a noticible gain in 0-60 as well as MPG.

Good point. Your correct about the 2010 having the 6-speed and that it is still being mated to the 3UZ so I dont see why it wouldn't work. Only issue I suppose would be finding a "used" 2010 transmission. Talk with Lex on this one.. he has the connections to help you source one.

One interesting tidbit I just found is that the sc430 used to clock 0-60 in 6.2 seconds and now with the 6-speed for 2010 it claims the same job with the same power at 5.8 seconds. If you can grab one for a reasonable price it should be a noticible gain in 0-60 as well as MPG.

I just asked around today, the sc430 got the 6spd auto in 06-10 so that might not be so hard to find. Im very interested to if this might be a possibility.

If what you're looking for is a quicker launching and accelleration throughout the RPM, there's no need for the hassle of swapping to 6 speed auto. Just put a shift kit on the existing tranny. It'll break the tires loose everytime. Then put a torque converter for the best combination. This setup will also help your tranny last longer.

I cannot even think whats it's like to be in your situation !!
Good on you for having the fortitude to have a go...

Well thanks for the words of encouragemnet. I broke my back, racing motocross in june of 98. So its been awhile, but it hasnt slowed me down much. I still pretty much do what ever I want. Im still racing, the SC or my shifter cart, even still ride dirt bikes with the help from my friends @ the kawasaki shop. Strap feet to the pegs & give me 2nd gear. Hold it steady untill i let the clutch out & im off. L O L just cant stop. Hell i still ride wheelies on those bikes. Its eather GET IT DONE, or sit at home & cry. You see which one i chose.

If what you're looking for is a quicker launching and accelleration throughout the RPM, there's no need for the hassle of swapping to 6 speed auto. Just put a shift kit on the existing tranny. It'll break the tires loose everytime. Then put a torque converter for the best combination. This setup will also help your tranny last longer.

Well I just though it would be super cool to have a 6spd auto, & now that I got one swap to work,im all courious to see what else I could swap or make work. I do want a shift kit, just dont know where to get one. who does the valve body upgrade for a resonable price?

Well I just though it would be super cool to have a 6spd auto, & now that I got one swap to work,im all courious to see what else I could swap or make work. I do want a shift kit, just dont know where to get one. who does the valve body upgrade for a resonable price?
Being cool & having done something unique are what we're all about here. It's the fun. But you're talking about a standalone EMS that can control both engine and tranny plus the wiring & tuning fee involved. If you can use the SC430 ECU to control both engine, accessories/cluster, and tranny, then that'll be great. However, it looks to me like a whole can of worm.

I have my valve body with shift kit done by www.IPT.com for around $650. You can tell them if you want it really firm or moderately firm. More firm = more jerk when it shifts. Lextreme torque converter is another affordable bonus to this tranny upgrade.

Being cool & having done something unique are what we're all about here. It's the fun. But you're talking about a standalone EMS that can control both engine and tranny plus the wiring & tuning fee involved. If you can use the SC430 ECU to control both engine, accessories/cluster, and tranny, then that'll be great. However, it looks to me like a whole can of worm.

I have my valve body with shift kit done by www.IPT.com for around $650. You can tell them if you want it really firm or moderately firm. More firm = more jerk when it shifts. Lextreme torque converter is another affordable bonus to this tranny upgrade.

I have the lextreme TQ all ready. That web link is not working. whats the name of the company & the city, state.

Multi speeds almost makes trans a constant velocity trans and helps heaps on fuel consumption while still keeping performance..
Yes as with most new 6+ speed auto's, Separating EMS from trans / engine is a headache... I'm sure it can be done ??
The management systems in our cars down under are able to be tuned / edited so the EMS is kept in transformation.. Often used as stand alone ems in other brand engines also..

BUT hey it it keeps your brain alive etc go for it...

OK so b4 the brake booster when out, my car's temp spiked a few times today. Id pull over shut it off, let it cool down. Then start going again & it would be fine. So I limp it to autozone by my house they got a thermostat in stock & gasket. Well i told yall b4 that I got a weird size, no one has the right one. Well he brings it out & sure enough its too small,its for 92-97. It doesnt even fit the gasket he's holding. So i had him look up a 02 SC430 & thats the right one. Then when i leave, thats when the brake booster goes out. They say things happen in 3's, well thats 3, (key,thermostat,booster) SO give me a damn break "CAR".