check engine light question please help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gsrt085

Hi all, just finished wiring up my crown 1uz (using kdogs diagrams) motor into my Vl commodore. It runs like crap, starts when it wants to, doesn't idle, anyway i have brigded the two pins on the diagnostic plug, and the check engine light just flashes constantly there are no breaks in the flashes to indicate a number. does any one have an answer for that?
i have pulled plugs off the motor to create error codes to make sure the check engine light is working.
also if there are no error codes and you bridge the two pins out does the check engine light come on or not?

cheers Tony

If you turn on the ignition and the check light comes on that is ok.
If the motor is running and the check light is on everything is not ok.
If you bridge the contacts to look for codes and the light flashes constantly the computer is saying that everything is ok. It is ok according to what the computer can see but the computer cannot see everything.

Have you had the injectors cleaned?
They can foul from years of not being used.

Other thing is to make sure there are NO leaks between the AFM and the throttle body.
A leak here will cause erratic idle.

Just clarifying, but you do have a UZS131 crown (midsump/remote oil filter) and not a later model crown (front sump and front oil filter)
Obviously you now have a front sump for the VL, but what did it come with?

Hi.

Madmont, yes it only flashes with the contacts are bridged.
PEEWEE, i got a whole crown royal front cut mid sump motor with remote oil filter
and yes i do have a front ls400 sump now. i have checked for leaks between TB and AFM and nothing, i can't understand why it will not run as it should. PEEWEE i have been talking to Rod and he mentioned that you might have some other input on why is its not running right. Mind you it run perfect in the cut when i brought it.

cheer Tony

If it runs like crap, there is a chance one of the ignitors/coils/leads isn't working

Unplug one ignitor at a time, if it engine note doesn't change, you know an ignitor/coil is dead/miswired

The move onto the coils, do the same.

Then each individual lead.

Basically make sure you have spark and fuel on all 8 cylinders.