1UZ vvti build

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

muzzytt

Have been a long time in the back ground on here.

So I've decided to build a 1uz and have a vvti version in my possession.

I went vvti as i also have a 2jzgte vvti in my supra running vipec v88 and e85 on a gtx3076 making 550 whp.

So I'm thinking i like the v8 sound and would like similar performance from it.

I've been recently doing alot of reading and have confused myself a little.

At this stage i know I
Will need new rods and pistons.
Any recommendations on these two items?

I would like to run arp head studs but was reading about differences between the vvti and non vvti is there 2 different kits ? Any places i can buy them from in kit form.?

I plan on replacing all the bottom end bearings but some have said to leave the main bearings alone and to only do the Rod bearings ?

I won't be doing any head work at this stage.

Cams i plan on changing again an area i would love some input on.

Fuel rail injectors are on the list too .i will use the stock intake and electric throttle.

As i plan on running the whole show with the new link g4+ extreme.

Any input on this build would be appreciated looking forward to it but want to do it as good as i can . I can do most of the work myself apart from putting the bottom end together ...

Cheers and thanks.

Muz

Yup you need to replace everything...rods, pistons, bearings, head studs etc. the non vvti head stud kit fits but you need to grind down two of the studs. No off the shelf cams available so cams have to be regrinds....kelfords will do them but expensive. Valve clearance is also tricky as not much tolerance and they are an interference motor so consequences! Ask me how I know ;)

No chsnge from $5K at least and more likely closer to $10k....that's still doing it on the cheap too really.