Search results

1. C

TT 1UZ power level issues.

wow,, a lot of action on the forums.. kinda nice..il give my two cents here.. we are not really sure what rdms car is doing,when he changed out the headbolts for studs,, we never removed the head or gasket...we just exchanged one for the other---bolt for stud..really not ideal,,but it was simple...
  2. C

Project Thread Project SC400TT

looks good ryann--keep it up..
  3. C

500Whp low boost 700Whp high boost project

max is runing a big single--hed be a good guy to ask about lag..
  4. C

Wanted Knock Sensor

i should have one around..can u take a pic of the one u need..
  5. C

Another update on rdms TT sc400..

there should be .125 of an inch between the bearing, and the fingers on the clutch.. im not sure if you you guys use metric or us-standard-or british measures-- so please make sure you convert the maesurement if you need to.. in the throwout assembly,, the bearing will easily pull out,, and you...
  6. C

Titanium Rods in a GM production engine

the 1uz block will be fine--early head gaskets are iffy- and even the early rods start getting goffy over 500hp but the engine will probably be fine.. i also have seen a local 2jz going making 1200-no nitrous--that maxed the dyno--so it was useless to dyno again.. the car was put on a...
  7. C

ive seen the ls1's do about in the 650s, with a conservative tune--and last a while--but eventually need a build.. the 2jz's ive seen stock-last well upto about 900-950--but anything over usually require some better rods,pistons.. and yes--cubic inces are tough to beat..
  8. C

550hp at the wheels at 4.5 psi--i too have been very impressed with the ls1 and up.. --much better than the old small blocks.. BUT STILL--the lexus/toyota v8 can be more formidable..,, and from a tech standpoint,, they are a very good starting point for a true world class engine..
  9. C

since were talking about vettes and power--just give me 10,000 and a corvette and drive away with this--
  10. C

Bearings

hi ryan,, almost always,, the bearings you remove will have some sort of # on them, and a manufacturer.. we have some stores around here called, "berry bearings" just give them the info, and they should be able to get an exact or similar bearing..
  11. C

2000 GS400 want to twin turbo

hi,, i thought i might chime in on this.. i am in the middle of doing a twin setup on a 98 gs400.. i will post some pics tomorow.. but i may as well talk about it a bit.. so far it has not been to bad.. the ac stays in place,,and truthfully,, it has been a straightforward install.. as a...
  12. C

GT4088R and GT42R Turbos

ive done a twin turbo camaro that runs 2 gt4088- but not ball bearing.. the car made about 750 whp thru the six speed at about 8 psi.. remember that the cameros motor is very large compared to the lexus-.
  13. C

Single Turbo SC400 or 2JZ??

i dont normally try and sell anything,, but i helped a friend with this single kit a while back,, and he wants to sell it .. just pm me for details..
  14. C

hi guys--id like to talk about this also.. rdms rods were sitting around after he decided to go with the pawter rods.. anyway,, after taking a close look at his old rods,, i noticed that a few of the pin bore bushings had turned in their bore.. this, in itself, would not cause an immediate...
  15. C

rdm is right,, the squirters are installed with oil squirting on the "bottom" of the piston--this, the oil, is what helps cool the piston.. this can be very helpful in a turbo car because of the sudden high temps the pistons sometimes see.. toyota does use the squiters in the 2jz/supra,, as well...
  16. C

Lexus Connecting rod trouble?

hi david,, i will try and take some very close up pictures of the rod.. and i will try and point out what i thnk is a "wak point" in this particular rod.. i cant really call it a defect,, because the rods worked fine for what they were intended..but,, after all of the use/abuse these...
  17. C

yes,, i wish bob could get a close up pick of the side of the rod.. if you look closely,, you can see the metal is deforming/stretching.. in any case,, it would have failed..its actually lucky that we caught this now before a catastrophic failre.. by the way,, there was not anything wrong with...
  18. C

Lexus Connecting rod trouble?

hi guys,, ive been super busy at my shop--but rdm did come uy to work on his engine for a bit.. actually its been ready for final assembly for a while,, but niether i or rdm has a a chance to get the engine together.. in any case , during final assembly i noticed that one of the rod/piston...
  19. C

M112 On Richwood Manifold

rdm also brought up a good point to me,,the supercharger itself will "eat" some hp.. the reason im mentioning this is because i know that we got 375 rwhp--but we did crank up the fuel pressre to accomplish this.. im trying to figure out why you didnt make the same.. its probably a combination...
  20. C

M112 On Richwood Manifold

our-US- toyota v8s come with,(i think) 250 cc inj.. i think the jdm v8s use 215 cc inj.. do you know what your injectors "flowed" when you had them checked? and at what pressure?