Yaris

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I love this little car. Style is ok but good gas mileage. Here is review from autoweek:

2007 Toyota Yaris
Toyota unveils its latest economy car

AT A GLANCE:

2007 TOYOTA YARIS
On sale: April
Base price: $12,500 (est.)
Powertrain: 1.5-liter, 106-hp, 103-lb-ft I4; fwd, five-speed manual
Curb weight: 2293 lbs
0 to 60 mph: 10 seconds (est.)
Fuel mileage (EPA combined): 36.5 mpg

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

Turbo Yaris anyone?

Come on Lex...What is that a tinker toy?...A Lee car, another mini replica...I would really like to see it go head to head against a Geo Metro in the quarter.:sleeping: ..Was it designed and made by Toyota for only midgets and small people?:boggled:

Anyway, not my cup of tea from Toyota and simply not enough car girth for my liking..Although that little heap does get good gas mileage.. :Eyecrazy:

Guys, I have to agree my wife has one, its called a Platz/Echo as a import here ,we just did 1000km in it very comfortable one of the few cars you can get out of after 4-5 hours and not have a bad back, i worked out the economy tonight and got. 425km on 27.6l thats about 43.82 mpg cruising at 100km. There must be an Arab oil sheike crying somewhere. Them Toyota guys really do know how to build a good car, my wife loves it, nice and nippy around town too.No problems keeping up with the traffic.And plenty of space for our luggage, not cramped you would be suprised how much room there is inside, looks small from the outside but heaps of space even with 4 people,it's a great small car,

regards
Lambo

Hi jibbby, yes it is FWD, so that helps the space inside, the only complaint i have is the seats are high up its a 2000 version, my wife likes that so she can see well ahead, but to me it gives the feeling it's a little top heavy in the tight corners or you feel like it will fall over part way through a corner, but although it feels that way it seems to dig in and corner well for a small car, the tyres could be wider with only 175/65/14 fitted, so it's easy to spin the front wheels if you start a bit quick in the wet, plenty of grunt from the VVTI motor.

Regards
Lambo

Attachments

• LIGHT.jpg
    LIGHT.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 8
  • LIGHT2.jpg
    LIGHT2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 8
  • LIGHT3.jpg
    LIGHT3.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 8
I drove one as a rental when in Perth recently.

Gutless, but it's supposed to be, and I felt it was under-tyred didn't want to go around bends when pushed hard.

Other than that I found it amazingly fuel efficient.

Not a bad shopping buggy.

Do you guys have the Aygo in the US or AUS ? It's even smaller and better MPG's! :)

http://www.autotrack.nl/owa_dima/owa/att_techniek.foto_popup?p_merk=TOYOTA&p_model=AYGO&p_submodel=

Haha, you beat me to it dude, I was wondering when someone was going to mention the Aygo! You Americans just don't get smell cars with tiny engines :tongue2:

I actually have a 2006 Aygo and it is a freaking hoot. Food for thought my 6 foot 3" mate cannot fit in the back of the new Yaris and yet he fits fine in the back of my Aygo...... that saying it is a four seater so that'll probably be why.

If you guys want I can take more pics of my Aygo? It's a 1.0L engine which I believe has VVTi but you wouldn't really know it. It really is a hoot, obviously it isn't fast but by god it is nippy as hell and sticks to the ground well even with only 155/65 14 tyres all round.

No chance of a 1UZFE fitting though :no: Unless you removed the two rear seats and created a special...... now that would be fun!

Forgot to mention the MPG is supposidly good.... and well it is (it is something like 51mpg), but as soon as you start rinsing it, it drops fast, I wouldn't be surprised if I was getting down into the 20's like 25mpg or something :sgrin:

It is also the only car I have ever been able to get off the clocks in stock form... okay it was down hill with the wind behind me but it was still funny. I wanted to get a picture but it would be interesting moment using my mobile to take a picture at 115mph :tongue2:

If were talking about super small, peppy fuel effiecent cars we must speak of the 2006 German made Loremo GS...This little beast gets like 150Mpg which tripples the gas mileage of the Toyota hybrid Prius which only makes 55mpg...

The Loremo GS is areo dynamic and weighs 450kg's. It is powered by a 50hp 2.7L 2 cylinder turbo diesel..This little go-cart can get up to 220km/h which qualifies it for the German Autobahn...

Costs - 11,000 euros and also supposedly seats four comfortably..

Oh and you can drive 1,300km with 20 liters of fuel, now that is sick...

Guys, I have to agree my wife has one, its called a Platz/Echo as a import here ,we just did 1000km in it very comfortable one of the few cars you can get out of after 4-5 hours and not have a bad back, i worked out the economy tonight and got. 425km on 27.6l thats about 43.82 mpg cruising at 100km. There must be an Arab oil sheike crying somewhere. Them Toyota guys really do know how to build a good car, my wife loves it, nice and nippy around town too.No problems keeping up with the traffic.And plenty of space for our luggage, not cramped you would be suprised how much room there is inside, looks small from the outside but heaps of space even with 4 people,it's a great small car,

regards
Lambo

Sorry but its not I dont think, the Echo / Vitz (Vitz is the import, my mum has one), is a different car to the Yaris.