Y? EVERBODY Y?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

oneshot onekill

WITH ALL THE MK3 SUPRAOWNERS THAT HAVE DONE THE CONVERSION, WHY HASN'T ANYONE TAKEN THE TIME TO DO A WIRING WRITE UP? SO AS TO ELIMINATE GUESSWORK AND DOWNTIME FOR EVEN THE NOVICE MECHANIC. IM SURE EVERYINE HERE CAN READ AND CAN DIFFERNTIATE COLORS IN WIRES SO IT WOULDNT BE THAT HARD FOR SOMEONELSE TO FIGURE OUT HOW THE REST OF U DID IT. IM SURE I CAN FUGURE IT OUT, THERES WUT LIKE 12 WIRE DIFFERENCE TO GET IT RUNNING? WE NEED 2 PULL 2GETHER AS MECHANIX AND SUPRA OWNERS AND HELP EACH OTHER, WE ALL KNOW THE FRUSTRATION OF NOT GETTING A JOB DONE ON OUR CARS, ESPECIALLY ON A TIGHT SCHEDULE! A 7MGE-1UZ OR A 7MGTE-1UZ SWAP?? I MEAN REALLY COME ON! LETS GET THOSE DIAGRAMS UP PEOPLE!

theres less then 10 1uz mk3s that im aware of, you say it like there are 1000s

Ill post up a wireing wright up sortly, maybe this weekend.

Attachments

• Lextreme-5.2L-Stroker-Rod 008.JPG
    Lextreme-5.2L-Stroker-Rod 008.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Lextreme-5.2L-Stroker-Rod 0010.JPG
    Lextreme-5.2L-Stroker-Rod 0010.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 313
I am still working on mine as well. Finally got the last few parts in this weekend to reconnect the transmission to the engine (was missing some plate and wave washers for the bearing hub which holds the pressure plate in the R154. After I get it connected, I can start wiring in ernest.

I did get all of the loom and wrapping removed from the 7MGTE harness last weekend though, does that count? Should be your first step. Once the trans is mounted, I am going to get the ABS and reverse switch wires hooked up since they are the only two wiring connects on the transmission and then drop the engine in the bay and start converting the wiring from there.

well thers about another house of day light im gunna go wright down my wireing. sence it looks like it wil be atleast an hour before i can watch F1 round 2 free practice. stay tuned.

no offense intended, but an engine/drivetrain conversion isnt really a novice mechanic territory. yes it can be done, but i wouldnt recommend it.

as for wiring, mine still has a few glitches (slow drain on the battery), so i wouldnt want to share it until i got it all worked out.

Attachments

• P1030510 (Medium).JPG
    P1030510 (Medium).JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 10
  • P1030513 (Medium).JPG
    P1030513 (Medium).JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 8
this is wut im talkin about. this is 2 friggin sweet, i got my alternator wires good, now soldering my starter wires, then im goin to ignition, and lastly all the temp, pressure, and other sensors

does anyone know what happened to that webpage where some guy was instaling a twin turbo 1uz in his mk supra. i think he had a wiring write up on his page too. he had a 7mgte. i saw

one shot, could you fill me in on the sensors to get the gages working, ill add them to my wright up, i never even looked into these, as ill never use the stock guages.

Jake, here is the gauges for you.

supra harness connector M1 (under the dash) (engine harness to dash harness
Pin 7 (yellow / black stripe wire) is the oil pressure signal to the cluster
pin 9 (yell plug harness) pin 10 (gray plug harness) (both yellow / green stripe wire) is the temp feed to the cluster
Pin 4 (black wire) is the tach feed for cluster (tach will NOT be acurate

I am not sure what these are in the lexus harness, but checking yours would solve this issue....

Added note: I would use the supra sensors, not the lexus units being that they are the correct calibration for the supra cluster.

well im usin the r154 speed cable for the speedometer, for the rest of the sensors I just gotta figure out if the elec. pulses are the same and or which would be easier to change over (the supra to the 1uz, or vice versa) the tach i think is probably the easiest. Ill get back 2 u on that when i get around to it.

With out modding the tach itself, the tack will not work....

I just posted the wiring on the supra dash harness side for the oil pressure and for the temp. You have to use the supra sensors, luckly the thread right in....

-----------------------------------------------------

Side note about the wiring is that most of the swaps done on the A70 chassis's are unique..... Jakes for example. we only wired it to get it running, mine on the other hand will be full stand alone and custom gauges etc.....

for the oil pressure gauge, you will need to unstall a unit from a 7m. the 1uz sensor is calibrated for a light, not a gauge. i was not able to get my temp gauge to work (lexus also used a light), so i installed a mechanical gauge.

edit: i see chris posted the same info...

lexus does not use a temp light not sure what your on about

never had any probs with a temp gauge on a supra or for that case any 1uz in a toyota

lookin thru my diagrams there might be 2 similar colour wires for temp so u might have wrong one

and u usually have to use a tacho booster to get the tacho to work
i sell them they arent to dear compared to the msd tach booster which is a rip off but hey thats most msd stuff heheheheh

the main difference in wiring is the 1uz efi relay is controlled by the 1uz computer

the orig supra efi relay is controlled by ignition

doesnt casue many probs but i always prefer to make it all be wired up like factory

so u have to mod the ign trigger wire to the supra efi relay if u want the ecu to control the efi relay

Jake, here is the gauges for you.

supra harness connector M1 (under the dash) (engine harness to dash harness
Pin 7 (yellow / black stripe wire) is the oil pressure signal to the cluster
pin 9 (yell plug harness) pin 10 (gray plug harness) (both yellow / green stripe wire) is the temp feed to the cluster
Pin 4 (black wire) is the tach feed for cluster (tach will NOT be acurate

I am not sure what these are in the lexus harness, but checking yours would solve this issue....

Added note: I would use the supra sensors, not the lexus units being that they are the correct calibration for the supra cluster.

Thanks for the information Chris and Jake!

lexus does not use a temp light not sure what your on about

never had any probs with a temp gauge on a supra or for that case any 1uz in a toyota

lookin thru my diagrams there might be 2 similar colour wires for temp so u might have wrong one

hmmm, i must have the wrong wires then. i'll have to go through and recheck it one of these days. Thanks for the info.

Daniel