Would you use this?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a problem with my vehicle. I need to change from a cable to electronic speedo.

Unfortunately the cluster I can use (and have) has the correct speedo, if I use a frequency converter, but the tacho is driven off the alternator.

The cluster is from a Range Rover (that's what I have) and I don't fancy trying to get the tacho to run.

I've looked at this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Acewell-3967...ryZ33678QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem as an alternative as it will do everything I want.

The only shortcoming is the oddometer only goes to 100,000klm but who cares as the car will be dead before it does another 100,00klm. It's taken 14 years to get to 97,000klm.

Price sems reasonable and I can use the 8,000rpm tacho where the Rover one stopped at 6,000rpm.

I know it doesn't comply with the ADR's as the oddo should go to 999,999.99klm but the rest of the truck is a bit dubious so who cares.

I'd welcome your thoughts.

Rod, converting to electronic speedo signal is no big deal and only costs $110 for the new sensor (assuming you only need the standard 4 pulse per rev sensor - could be a big assumption).

I doubt the tacho thing would be hard to get around either. Just another custom box of tricks needed.

Either way I'd be surprised if it cost more than that unit to get running and everything looks factory (assuming you want the factory look)...