Wont start

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tsirovy

I was on my way to work when my transmission started slipping and my engine was stuttering. I pull over and my engine dies. I now cannot start my car. What do I need to start looking @ to repair the problem?

FYI: Before this situation my transmission would start to slip after 5-25 minutes.. I could stop and restart the engine and it would work again immediately. Also when I went higher speeds the o/d light would blink every 2 seconds, but not at lower speeds. :rant:

So I have towed the LS back home and ran some diagnostic codes on her. I pulled a 52/55 code meaning both my knock sensors are toast- thats ok- but would having dead knock sensors cause my engine to start up for a few seconds and die everytime I start it?
Plus on the transmission I pulled a DTC No. 61- which was No.2 Vehicle Speed Sensor. Can anyone inform me how to find the speed sensor for replacement?
I really dont want to have to pay for $300 worth of knock sensor only to find that my car still wont start. Thanks guys

When it was running and the transmission was working properly there was not any rough idling. Only when the transmission was starting to malfunction would there be inconsistent idle and heavy vibration.

There are two coils. One on top near the radiator hose and the other is located just above the ac compressor. If i remember correctly the driver side are the odd numbers and the passenger side are the even numbers.

You unplus the sparkplug wire right behind the coils. Place it very close to the coil or the ground of the engine. Have a freind crank the engine and watch for spark. If no spark, that means the coil is bad. Do u to both coils.

Ok. Right now I dont have anyone to crank the engine so I have tested the primary and secondary resistance of both coils. It appears that the primary resistance is suppose to be 0.3–0.6 ohms when mine are both reading 0.00 @ 2K and 200K ohms but 0.9 @ 200 ohms . The secondary resistance reading is suppose to be within 9-15K ohms which it reads 12.8 K ohms. Am I reading these statistics correctly while saying both are bad?

Great diagrams!! However
I unscrewed the fuel line that connects to the fuel rail on the left side of
the engine and cranked the engine to show signs of fuel flowing. There was absolutely NO fuel AT ALL coming out of this line. I have done this before when putting the engine back together while failing to reconnect this fuel line; tried starting and fuel was squirting 5 feet in the air last time. What is done to determine which system is failing here !?!?

Cars dont like to start without gas! :ponder: Apparently my fuel was too low!?!? So now my car runs like a champ! :haha:

Attachments

• IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 194
For sure tranny problem would not affect the engine. So I would figure there is another problem besides the tranny. Good work.

Attachments

• 388+ dyno run.jpg
    388+ dyno run.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 19
At least you figured it out. Some in other communities won't ever look at the obvious. Everybody does something like that now and then.