Will the stock inernals make 700fwhp and 8000rpm safe.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rydning

Hello. I gona put a 89-96 1uzfe engine in a 89 Lotus Esprit turbo 2,2.
At the moment I have 450 bhp but have GT3076R turbo on it now able to get 500bhp+.If I want more hp now, the turbo lag is gona be even more...

So I have figured out that the 1 uzfe engine is probably the best V8 engine to modify, and put in this car with 2 GT2871R turbos it should be able to get 700fwhp+ and get very good throttle response.And the right sound for a car like this.

Will this engine rev safely to 8000RPM and make 700bhp on the stock internals? I did read that it could rev 9000rpm on stock internals.

If i do the other required mods to make 700fwhp+ are taken?Headwork,ECU,++

Trying to collect as mutch info I can get before I start with this.

Thanks a lot if I can get some answers

a set of aftermarket cams.
good spark.
aftermarket computer.
20psi on stock internals.
a big aftercoooler (W2A or A2A)
run water injection to be safe.
a quality tuner to set it up.

...and 700 engine hp should be quite achievable.

Kelford cams cost more when they are purchased directly from Kelford. Look for an authorized Kelford dealer in Norway, and you should be able to get a better price.

On the other hand Ross pistons can be had cheaper if you get them straight from Ross. Ross offers no discounts to shops, other than a quantity/price break.

Eric

Attachments

• oilpan1.jpg
    oilpan1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1
  • pan2.jpg
    pan2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
  • plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
cowboy bebop said:
Kelford cams cost more when they are purchased directly from Kelford. Look for an authorized Kelford dealer in Norway, and you should be able to get a better price.

On the other hand Ross pistons can be had cheaper if you get them straight from Ross. Ross offers no discounts to shops, other than a quantity/price break.

Eric
Good info..Why is it so? A professor once asked....

Ross doesn't offer any dealer pricing. It's all on a volume basis.

Eric

At 8,000 rpm you're asking alot from stock rods.

The revs will break the rods not the power.

Think about 8,000rpm the piston stops moving twice in each stroke and starts moving twice on each stroke. Simple maths says it stops 266 times per second ans re-starts 266 times per second !

Rods can fail because the weight of the piston when it stops at TDC rips the little end off the rod.

Personally I would go for better rods as well as the pistons. New rods are cheap insurance.

I did read here that the stock internals could handle 9000rpm???
But i gess to be safe that I chould get that kit they sell..

One of our NZ members blew an n/a engine when racing speedway.

I think he used 8,000rpm as a redline.

Worth a search/look.

Attachments

• engine1.JPG
    engine1.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 42
  • engine2.JPG
    engine2.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 34
Remember to that the weakest part of that equation is the rod bolts. All of the tremendous forces needed to stop the mass of the rod and piston rests with the thin diameter of the rod bolts. On the early 1uz, the bolt shanks are only 1/4 inch diameter.

Eric

Chevy rod bolts do fit. They are longer but that just leaves a little thread hanging out past the nut.

I'm pretty sure ARP ones are in the For Sale section off the home page.

That will learn him,total destruction of 2uz...Good one Lex..Interesting though about the stock 1UZ rods that they are the strongest of the UZ's..

So you're going to fabricate an all new mount setup, trans configuration, fuel delivery and engine management for the esprit eh? You're in for quite a bit of work man.

Your 89 appears to be a non-chargecooled variant (pinched sills). Are you currently running a standalone ECU and intercooled setup? Most modified SE's still only crank out ~350rwhp even with turbo mods. I kinda doubt 500bph without some serious modifications to the engine, fuel and trans.

Your N1 will not survive 700rwhp (~850bhp) in any way shape or form. Even Derek's modified internals won't hold that much. You're looking at engineering an all new transaxle configuration (built G50 or ZF, expect at least 4 grand in trans alone). Your engine manangement solutions are somewhat limited for the 1UZ. You'll be rewiring the car w/ an SC or LS400 harness spliced in, and most likley have to run a motec standalone or piggyback layout.

I'd say you're looking at a solid 15-20 grand to finish a project like this, assuming you are doing the work. I'd just sell the 2.2, buy a V8TT or move into something else if you want just raw hp.

edit: haha...thought I recognized the car:

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOwners/RobinRydning.html

Good work. I'd like to know how the car got down to 2600lbs :bigeyes:

as far as internals, you will need aftermarket rods, pistons, and arp bolts all around. Your looking at least $2500 on internal build mods not including assembly, rebuiling costs etc.