Which Clutch!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fordgt

I'm running a dellows bellhousing and flying setup on my R150f gearbox on my hilux 4wd, also went with there clutch they supplied which hasn't been very good so far and is slipping...

So yeh just trying to find out what clutch to go with and what clutches would fit off which cars?

Btw: the bellhousing had very poor casting and the clutch pivot snapped off the housing!! but this was fixed with a 5mm steal plate bolted across three bolts on the gearbox with a nut welded to it for the pivot to screw into.

Are you sure that the pressure plate is not preloaded? If you get under the the truck and try to move or wiggle the clutch fork, does it? There should be a looseness to it

Are you sure that the pressure plate is not preloaded? If you get under the the truck and try to move or wiggle the clutch fork, does it? There should be a looseness to it

Yeh already checked that, theres heaps of play there and at the pedal but i see where ya coming from and why ya mentioned that

I have an Awesome flywheel which can use a GM Heavy duty 10inch cover or a 9.5inch nissan motorsport extra heavy duty cover. We are using them in lots of cars and they work really well. My van towing tandem trailers with other vehicles on and no problems. I tried two others before this one. First one I went with what one supplier suggested. It was in for 5000km and was starting to slip when given a bit or taking off in second. Next worked well but being brass button had a shudder. The new one had heaps of grip , never slipped and had a light normal type of pedal feel. We have just fitted one into a comptition hilux. I have a thread on here with photos. Cheers

I have an Awesome flywheel which can use a GM Heavy duty 10inch cover or a 9.5inch nissan motorsport extra heavy duty cover. We are using them in lots of cars and they work really well. My van towing tandem trailers with other vehicles on and no problems. I tried two others before this one. First one I went with what one supplier suggested. It was in for 5000km and was starting to slip when given a bit or taking off in second. Next worked well but being brass button had a shudder. The new one had heaps of grip , never slipped and had a light normal type of pedal feel. We have just fitted one into a comptition hilux. I have a thread on here with photos. Cheers

Yep like you said give it abit in 2nd and it slips... havn't even been 4wding yet!!

Don't really wanna swap flywheels over and stuff just looking for a clutch that fits the dellows flywheel (have a feeling it might be a holden clutch), maybe I can buy another and get it beefed up so the cars not off the road too long in piece's

Why is it all the guys who manufacture kits don't make quality kits?

I never hear a good word about anyone. CRS and Dellow are allways being given a bad rap.

Perhaps it's time to look across the pond as they don't ever complain. But they're Kiwi's and the beer is crap and they don't complain. Serioulsy listen to Gloverman. It could well be the way to go.

We should all stop looking for the cheap way and go the best way.

As they say "do it once do it right"

Why is it all the guys who manufacture kits don't make quality kits?

I never hear a good word about anyone. CRS and Dellow are allways being given a bad rap.

Perhaps it's time to look across the pond as they don't ever complain. But they're Kiwi's and the beer is crap and they don't complain. Serioulsy listen to Gloverman. It could well be the way to go.

We should all stop looking for the cheap way and go the best way.

As they say "do it once do it right"

Well when I did the research I could only find two places at the time CRS and Dellows... 1st off I was very happy with the kit and time it took to get.. but when fitting the bellhousing one of the bolts on the gearbox had to be counter sunken because it fouled with the bellhousing which i thought wasn't right and no washers were supplied with the bolts to bolt the pressure plate on!!
Also asked about a dust boot for clutch fork? part number or one which might fit and the plate that covers the bottom of the bellhousing... the reply was no we don't have one and most people make there own. When clutch pivot broke off after pushing clutch in when everything was setup right gearbox stalled tailshafts ect.. I didn't want it to break again, looked into getting it welded but couldn't be done because the cast had too much steel in it when welder tried.
I'm just stateing what has happened and hopefully it helps others out with there conversions.