What's your ideal cost effective 1UZ hybrid?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Autobahn_stormer

I recently had a rodbearing related failure (i dont want to talk about it) in my LS400 and as a result am left with an easily repairable low mileage 1UZ. And seeing as how this is an AMAZING motor ideas immediatley began coming to mind. The first two involved my lonely 280 z (completley stripped and caged with a jaguar suspension) and 1991 240 sx (bone stock, needs some tlc).
But I am very eager to hear your ideas. The people of lextreme, what would you do (for not alot of cash). I've seen the E30 and E34 bimmer swaps and im intrigued, but anyways. I want to hear what the creative minds out there can produce.

Attachments

• solenoids-2.JPG
    solenoids-2.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 12
  • tran-diagram.JPG
    tran-diagram.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 12
i'm trying to slip one into a KE70 corolla (last of the rear wheel drive 4door sedans).

if it doesn't fit it'll go into an ST141 corona - they both have very underrated supsension.

that's what i call power to weight...!

Ideal cost effective? Junk yard hop... pick up a tundra 4.7 long block and source some 4.0 heads and throw them together. It's a complete bolt on w/ the exception of lextreme's motor mounts but combined puts down a little over 300crank with a nice torque curve. Just make sure to swap the 4.0 rods! It' cost effective and requires the basics to make everything work, head studs,main studs(OPT.) and new HG's but it can be done on the cheap, whatever idea finally lands, good luck!

I've always thought the old MKII Celica/Supra would be a neat platform to drop a naturally aspirated 1UZ into. It's cheap, light, has a good suspension, and just needs some better brakes and wheels, and with the 1UZ it ought to fly.

There are a couple old threads along these lines already. One called "Ideal 1UZ Swap" or some such.