whats the difference between my 92 sc400 and this 91 ls 400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Maintman

ok, i own a 1992 sc400 and love it! i have been reading up on the 1uz and mods and whatnot. im curious as to why the ls 400 has the same motor and seemingly same transmission, minus the taller gears. but yet is a full 2 seconds slower to 60 mph? i bought this ls 400 hoping to put it in a fox body mustang ( the drivetrain) but when i got in the ls to drive it arround i was dissapointed with the performance.

few questions,
why the 2 sec diff, and what simple changes/swaps from sc will fix the issue

where is a good place to start when replacing things on an older 1uz to restore its original power or close to it

am i wrong to think this would be a good transplant motor/ drivetrain, my dad had a 9? ls 400 and it had plenty of pull...again what should i look for as far as power loss...ie plugs gas cleaning upper intake...bla bla

Hi maintman,

the engines from the sc to ls are the same except for the injectors, sc has bigger?
gearbox an diff ratios are different between the sc to ls, but not by much
an the ls is a heavier then the sc
this is why the sc is quicker then the ls

Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

y would u put it in a mustang
ive got a 1998 4.6 quad cam wiring harness here which im modding
to go in an early mustang
i would think they would be cheap to buy in usa so price differnece between the 1uz and the 1998 4.6 mustang motor should be similar

fitting it would be similar too as they are both wide motors
this one has the rrs steering rack and custom made mounts and fuel system

dont alot of guys in the usa just go out and buy a cheap 94 to 98 mustang and try fit as much stuff from it to the older 60s to 70s mustang

Why u ask

Yes many men n women do do just that, fox body mustang w gobs of money invested in aftermarket parts and I am one of them, I love the look ov my 90 notch and am super pleased with the performance of my sc and want a hybrid lextang, most likely tt or at least a single blower! These motors are awsome and my 4 cyl car needs a replacement of displacement!