what is this part

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

imamadmanru

Lex,

I have a nother Question regarding the intake plenum ? on the rear this time is a tube that goes into the left side of the plenum. It is slightly larger in dia than your finger and has to flange bolt holes on ether side. Actual location on the rear of the plenum is lower left. I am looking to move the throttle body to there and wondered if removing it would bother anything. I looked at a Japanese SC400 and it has nothing attached to it ??? WHAT THE ??? Some one told me it was the vacum line for the brake booster but it is much bigger than the booster line.

Hear from you soon.

THE MAD MAN

If i can see it the its much easier. Sounds like we have left and right referrence differently, by the way you discribe it.... EGR pipe from the Left side exhause pipe.

We (IMAMADMANRU & I) figured the pipe out to be the vacuum line to the brakes. it has one tapped hole and the other is a guide hole to stop the fitting rotating.

We don't have EGR on the 1UZ in Australia.

Lex and Zuffen,

I am still confused WRT this pipe ? I think Lex may be right in saying that it is the EGR. It is the end point of the tube ( cast into the inlet plenum ) that runs under the manifold from the left side ( ??? EGR ) opposite the throttle body. It has two threaded bolt holes, one on each side of the main hole. I am thinking I might just weld it up as I have to make the bell housing end of the plenum the throttle body. If it runs badly I will let you know.

Thanks again for the direction.

THE MAD MAN :)

Lex,
I have posted this in the other thread but thought I would put it here too. The 1/4 water pipe that goes from the idle speed control valve through the throttle body and then to the rear water rail, is it realy needed as I want to remove it. Will it affect the idle control or is it just ther to warm the components / air as it enters the plenum. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Keep up the crazy stuff

THE MAD MAN

The water pipe you are talking about is to cool or heat up the Throttle Body. I bypassed. with a 1/4" tube. I will not hurt or affect your ISC at all.

Lex,
Just posted a reply to Zuffen WRT the pipe, I think I will jist do away with it all together ! Thanks for the info as it will clean up the top end of the donk for me. Hope you checked out the pic I posted so you get a feel for the rush I will get firing that baby up on the tar !!!

Keep it up

THE MAD MAN

We (IMAMADMANRU & I) figured the pipe out to be the vacuum line to the brakes. it has one tapped hole and the other is a guide hole to stop the fitting rotating.

We don't have EGR on the 1UZ in Australia.

I must be missing some parts on mine, anyone got a picture of this?

Or has anyone got a picture of where the vacuum line for the brakes hooks up to?

some 1uzs with electric boosters dont have a vacuum line to the brake booster

so they run a bolt to block the hole

just remove the bolt and get a banjo bolt with 10mm pipe outlet to fit the brake vac hose

and u might need a longer bolt

seen it heaps of times just never actually fitted banjo i leave it to the mechanics