Water problem

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jago

Gday all,
Yesterday I cleaned my car at a proper car wash and decided to clean the engine with the degrease and high pressure hose. I drove it back home and it was fine but about an hour later, after about 20mins of driving when I pulled up to some lights it felt as if I was about to stall.
Problems are;
- lost low end torque
- when in gear at idel fluctuates from about 600rpms to 900rpms
- car is shaky until basically you gain speed/change into 2nd
- Basically at a stop sign it feels like your sitting in a large old V8.
- Feels as if the car is running lean
I was thinking I have got water into the spark plugs? But as it feels like the car is running lean it makes me think water has seeped into the air/fuel meter, although I find that harder to beleive.
I spoke to a mechanic and he said 9/10 it needs to dry. Can anyone else offer assistance.
Cheers,
Jago

Suggest you blow compressed air around the plug connections, and dizzy caps, then open up the dizzies and blow their interiors and caps out as well. You can also use WD40 in these areas to displace the water, but wipe the excess out before reassembling.

Be careful with the air hose and don't get too close to the work without eye protection. It's easy to get water/petrol/WD40 or trash back into your eyes when using compressed air.

John