Parts Used Yokohama AVS "Z" rated 18" tires

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
I recently bought a used set of HRE wheels from another Supra owner on Supraforums and they had this set of Yokohama AVS tires mounted. They're the following sizes:

Front: 245/40ZR18
Rear: 275/35ZR18

To make a long story short, I've had to have the wheels completely rebuilt because once they arrived and were inspected, they were essentially junk (Thank you very much Jim Tripz of SF!) During the rebuild process, I had HRE reconfigure them to accept much wider rubber (they're now 10" wide in front and 11.5" wide in the rear). I already have a new set of 285/30ZR18's and 315/30ZR18's ready to be mounted, so I have no further use for these tires.

The tread depth on these tires is fine, and I would give both the front & rears at least 50% more life. The interiors of the fronts are worn more than the rest due to incorrect toe-in settings (Supra’s are famous for doing this).

The right rear tire has a small bubble in the sidewall, and the left rear has a 1" shallow slit just above its sidewall.

I have also found that at least one tire has been plugged (from the inside).

Below are the photos of the tires that I received from the seller, and his comments were: “AVS sport rubber almost new in the rear, fronts are also good, slight camber wear” The top photo is the fronts, the bottom is the rears. He obviously misrepresented the tires (as well as the wheels) to me, however I’m giving the Lextreme membership as honest an appraisal of these tires as I can.

New, this set of tires cost over $1000 at Tire Rack. While I certainly wouldn't run these at the full "Z" speed rating now, they should be fine for some around the town type driving. If anyone wants them, make me an offer, and don’t be shy; if they don’t sell, they’re going in a dumpster. Local (Houston) pickup preferred, but I will ship if someone out of town really wants them, and the price is right. Email or PM me if you're interested.