upgrade water pump

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lotus_owner

Hi there guys
Does anyone know if I can upgrade the stock water pump to pump better? I have a heating issue and this is one of the things I could do I guess:nervous:

Overheat might not be the waterpump. If you get the 1995 and up LS400 is little bit better then the previous years. I read somewhere the later pump has 12 blades instead of 6 blades.

Hi ya -- thanks for that. Oh I am sure there are other issues, as I'm using a small radiator designed for a 4 cyl Lotus ( www.waiheke.co.nz/boat/ ) but I was hoping to look at the whole cooling equation in total, if you know what I mean *grin* and an efficient water pump is pretty much the heart of the cooling system I thought. The car's okay as long as I'm moving at speed but if I slow down I start veering towards trouble. Being stopped at a traffic light is stressful. So air flow is a big concern. The scoop up front must be working ok - it's when there's no air being thrust at the radiator. Have fitted 2 16" puller fans but dont know the CFM. Thanks for any advice!

Are you running a fully enclosing shoud witht he fans.

If fitted with a shroud that ensures all air drawn by the fans is through the matrix you should be looking a lot better.

As with most things Lotus the radiator would only be sufficient for the original engine.

I'd be looking for a larger/thicker radiator.

A bigger radiator.. Most my conversions I'v used Ford E.L thermo fans as they come with shrouds etc... The Ford AU fans could be o/k also as there size is smaller and may fit better??
I prefere pull through this way the fans etc don't restrict air flow at speed.. One thing I hate with modded engines is overheating, one of the first things I upgrade or replace... Seen too many good engines wasted ...
Check your tune ???

as said: you can't fix a radiator capcity problem by upping the flowrate of the coolant being pumped through it.

chances are it will get even hotter as the water than will come out of the rad warmer than it is now at lower flowrate.

fit the largest capicity rad you can find in the space availeble and do the ducting/shrouding as zuffen said, you'd be amazed waht can be done with directing airflow.

Grtz Thomas