twin turbo s1 jag

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xtremejags

the 1uz is the perrrfect cat conversion even jaguar put 4.0ltr v8s in the latest jags.1st i got rid of the boat ankor that was in the engine bay set a1uz as far back as was legal ran the headders up and forward cut the steel sump (this was a mid mount sump ) now a rear 1
standard gearbox was used with a3200 stall converter 2 To3/4 turbos custom plannum and 2 throttle bodies + a front mount intercooler microtec ecu remote oil air seperater and remote oil filter sit where the battery use to be battery was moved 2 the boot ross forged pistons were used 2 lower compression i have made mutiple sets of everything including bodykits i drive a standard 1uz in as3 jag as a daily driver but big hp from the s1 is what will keep the adrenaline pumping 1000hp + should keep me happy yeee-haaaa

can,t work out how 2 put pics up only wants 2 let me put 293kb pics all mine are in mb :wtf: im not egumicated with computers if u know what i mean still trying will sort it out and get them up soon bmw,s are a good choice 4 a conversion i have had a few people ask me about makeing kits 4 them with jags 1 kit will fit 68-87 models only difference being swb or lwb is this the same deal with beemas ??

looks good.
i was thinking about doing a series one xj6 swap, but went for the beemer for the light weight. i dont understand what you mean by the difference in wheelbase. as far as i can see, the only difference would be in the length of the driveshaft, which was one of the cheapest parts of my build. i dont think it would be possible to make a 'kit' for bmw's, because of the difference between the models being so great. its about the same price to just get it all custom made for each specific application anyway.

yes you are spot on tailshaft is the only differnce and only $100 to modify as 4 weight when i took out the jag motor and installed a 350 chev the front came up 20-25cm had to put lower springs in .

when the 1uz went in it went up another 25cm the only thing that weighs heavy left is the diff and what a engineering masterpiece it shame it wasn,t a 9inch centre the double wishbone front may weigh a bit 2 but this suspension set up is sweet take off the crome bars put a body kit on swb weigh less 2 theres that much u can dispose of jags dont even have a full chassis ;
all the hard work has been done manufacture of quality engine gearbox mounts headder pipes sumps ect and 4 cheaper than it costs 2 make a 1of set if u need 2 know anything about jags i should be able 2 help cheers

series 3 uz questions

Hi, your daily driver is a uz in a series 3 jag? How does it compare to the jag 6?
(similiar power outputs i think but big difference in weight).Also you mention modifying the sump, Is there a standard uz sump that will work? front/rear or middle?Is it easy to use the uz auto as i was thinking about the th700?
Whats the biggest hassles in this conversion?
What sort of mpg do you get from the uz in the series 3 when its driven normally?
Also what sort of revs are you pulling in overdrive at a steady 100k?

Would appreciate any advice
cheers

Attachments

• filter 007.jpg
    filter 007.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2
  • filter 008.jpg
    filter 008.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2
  • filter 009.jpg
    filter 009.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 3
hi merclex if u can get a rear sump 1uz it might fit but a toyota crown mid sump with the steel section modded is a better option due 2 the price of buying a rear sump engine which is harder 2 find and if u mount the engine back as far as possible the mid sump has good clearance as 4 the gearbox t700 are crap compared 2 the standard box u get with the motor i buy motor and box rather than front cut i pay $850 where a front cut costs $2500 so with the money u save u can buy a good ecu 2 run it my rpm at 100kph is about 1900 but it depends on tyre size and diff ratio mine is 307 centre and standard wheels but my tt jag has 354 centre 17inch rims 40 profile tyres fuel economy is better than my girlfriends v6 commodore and more fun 2 drive as4 compareing 6cyl jag 2 a v8 lex in power output min mods will c a 1uz produce 230kw @wheels if u spent $10000 on the jag motor it would still leak and not rev as hard also cost a mint 2 run a jag motor was desined in 1940,s and they made little change since then they were ahead if their time but their time has come . getting the motor in (mounts) are hard so is headder pipes the rest is a easy conversion i have mounts pipes ect 4 sale let me know how u go cheers ...... yours is a xjc rare car worth $25000 over here keep the block so u dont destroy its historical value i worked restoring jags 4 near 10 years . my conversions are designed 2 bolt in no cutting welding nothing that will destroy the value of the car (providing u keep the old parts that are removed) check out my s3 4 sale in lextreme clas ad ..

merclex,

xtremjags has a good point.

XJC's are a rare beast and worth preserving so some masochistic Jag fanatic can put up with all its problems.

The 1UZ is a good idea but keep the cutting to a minimum (or nil) and don't throw away the engine.

Matching numbers unmodified XJCs will be worth good money in years to come.

In the last few years I've seen multiple XJCs going for under $2500 US. There's a rust free one in California right now on Ebay for dirt cheap, as well as a fully restored one that will sell for under $10k. My favorites were a custom one with a Linginfelter built big block Chevy (825 hp):

1528428b.jpg

1528429b.jpg

and another custom one with Series III bodywork and a built V12:

1516276d.jpg

1516276c.jpg

I've had a couple Series III XJ6s, and fully intend on building a V8 powered XJC. Almost bought a newer perfect Chevy powered one for $2500, but missed it by one day. And a frind is building up a Ford 460 powered one (which was my plan)

If I wasn't on the wrong side of the country, I'd start with this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-JAGUAR-XJ-6-2-DOOR-CPE-CALIF-CAR_W0QQitemZ4585090922QQcategoryZ6278QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hi chrisv

the thing with jags is once u seperate the block numbers with the car its value drops dramatically crazy i know but good if u dont care about numbers .
the aussie $ is only worth 74c us so the $12000 car is worth $16000 here still a good buy if it has matching numbers but i have seen these cars exchange hands 4 $25000 concorse cond and the older they get the more they are worth .
good pics of these ones but the mods they done have devalued them from a collectors point of view if u bought one of these with a chev u could get money back selling the motor and box buy a 1uz and then u would have a car that is affordable 2 run with more potencial if u get 1 with a jag motor and the numbers match keep the block the head also has block nos on it in 10to 20 years it will b worth haveing good 2 c jag intrest is alive and well .
not many xjc in aus .good luck finding a clean 1 most have been painted 3 or 4 times check the usual rust areas they also stress crack around the front shock tower top and bottom front window and rear window . cheers

xjc's are as rare as rocking horse shi* in nz. i have never seen one anywhere. the old ones with the chrome door handles are nicest. did anyone else notice the other car by the jag on ebay, austin healey i think, with spin off wire wheels. now that would make a good 1uz swap, as long as you didnt mind ruining the originality ('resale value') of it.