Twin Turbo Header

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
edz said:
Hydrogen car - you're keen! Trying to beat Toyota and Mazda!

yes, 2 plates per manifold (cut with oxy by someone with a steadier hand than me!). You're probably right, I can seperate them and then get the whole lot milled flat on the mill at work or at my mates place.

With standard compression and roller bearing turbos boost should be very smooth and torqeuy!

LPG - I'm looking at running straight lpg (but have recently thought about running a small petrol tank in the boot side as backup).

My tuning guy who does turbo's and lpg cars all day reckons we'll try with a simple ignition module, lock the dizzy and set it up as you would a dissy car to keep it simple, but I'm not convinced yet - i'll wait and see. I was thinking of a simple ems ($900) so we can at least control the timing, he feels the gas simplifies it and it's unnecessary?

Have rotated the intake side on one turbo, currently trying to rotate the exhast side to get the centre bearing/oil/water feeds the right way. Any ideas, have drowned it in wd40 for 4 days, thinking of warming the exhast housing with the oxy this weekend, that should do it?
You don't have to cut them, it's just a suggestion that couldn't hurt. Also, what about jet-hot coating the manifolds and turbine housings? You'll get boost even sooner, with more thermal efficiency.
There have been hydrogen cars made already, thousands of them. Mine is not running how they run though, I am using a chemical reaction to generate hydrogen, as aposed to electrolysis or a fuel cell. I would get more mileage this way, plus it can switch back to gasoline. I am pretty excited, should be getting it going with hydrogen in August some time. I was also thinking of making an anti-lag system that runs off of LPG and shoots directly before the turbine to create more heat and pressure. I'd use a jet-engine injector probably, as it will take the heat.

I'm going to have to HIGHLY suggest not setting it up with a locked dizzy, save up $1500 and buy a badass Autronic SMC, the software is even awesome. It has so many amazing features, including AUTOTUNE, where you hook a wideband o2 to it and it asks you to HOLD AT X RPM and it literally tunes the sites for you. You can adjust accuracy of the tune to get a fine tune or just a rough base tune. ALSO, it has a blank menu you can control LPG, for example, with. You'd just need a solenoid for the ecu to control. I have seen people run the ecu using ONE data cell only, I have a video of it if you are interested. Don't get me wrong, it will work like he wants, but you will not have a good tune and less power, it comes down to what you want out of it, I suppose.

I'd loosen the bolts on the turbine, heat it up and tap it SOFTLY with a 20oz hammer, if you're not careful you will ruin the turbine exducer, just treat it nice and you'll get it with no probs.

-Steve

Hydrogen - you're out of my league!

Definitely going the jet hot route - both for efficiency and underbonnet heat. I'm still keen to go for the Autronic (SM4?? sounds good), my gas guy sets them up too, so I'll watch the dollars closer to the time and make the decision then. It's already going to cost me about $22k to build the car to just a nice street sleeper (and that's doing everything myself and only paying $1500 for the car to start with).

I'll try the oxy 'gently' this weekend.
Edz
www.edzholden.com