Trike Tubing Size

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Anyone know what size and gauge a typical motorcycle maker use? I am doing some research on 1uzfe trike. If someone have fab experience, it would nice to know the tube material (mostly mild due to the cost), size and thickness.

Attachments

• sti-2.jpg
    sti-2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 6
  • sti-3.jpg
    sti-3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 6
  • sti.jpg
    sti.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 6
There is no fixed answer.
The sizing required depends totally on the design of the frame.

There has been at least one company that started to make a 1uzfe trike, i'm not sure if they ever finished one though.

haha a trike?? are you nuts? just use a diesel International like Jesse James and get it overwith. lemme scan an article with a couple tips on tubing fab... not that you need it but just for reference :reporter:

Right click and "Save Link As"
Pipe n Steel Info

IMO diameter just depends on application. All the hog builders just use whatever looks good while the naked "monster" style Ducatis are designed beautifully for every ounce of stress the sportbike components might put on the tube frame (while being as light as possible). Now a trike can be made with larger tubing and should be since you're talking about some big power for a small chassis.

You can basically pickup a salvage LS or SC400 for cheap. Complete engine, transmission, driveshaft, axles and rear for less then $600. I can also pickup a none running Honda Golden Wing for few hundred bucks. I just going to use the front part of the bike and create the rest.

Attachments

• LSSC400-1.jpg
    LSSC400-1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 25
  • LSSC400.jpg
    LSSC400.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 102
And just cruise it? Or tour it somewhere? Show bike? I'm just trying to get a picture of it in my head. I think making the exhaust would be the more enjoyable part of the project. There are a lot of parts available for trike conversions out there. It would be nice if it would lean a little. That would be ideal.

David, have a chat to imamadmanru on this forum - he's building a 1uz trike with jag rear - here's a pic, you've pointed him out before.
attachment.php

attachment.php

You think the Trike's tough you should sit and chat with Scott (IMAMADMANRU)

Scott rides a very cool Harley as a member of the Vietnam Veterens Club.

He also loves his Bourbon.

You basically are sitting on an engine with 3 wheels....You may have to hold on for dear life riding on that baby at full throttle. Sitting on a bag of ice maybe a good idea as to what Steve says.........

VVVVVrrrrroooooooooooommmmmmmm, ouuuuccchhhh me legs and arse are on fire!!!!!:firedevil:

Methanol injection or ice bags...
You basically are sitting on an engine with 3 wheels....You may have to hold on for dear life riding on that baby at full throttle. Sitting on a bag of ice maybe a good idea as to what Steve says.........

VVVVVrrrrroooooooooooommmmmmmm, ouuuuccchhhh me legs and arse are on fire!!!!!:firedevil:

Attachments

• position.JPG
    position.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 1
The "EGO BOOSTER" 1UZFE Trike

Sorry I have not posted for so long but a quick reply before I head off to the UK for a while. The tube I used was 35mm Nominal bore Seamless boiler tube and it is borderline for a single tube set up but in a ladder as I have is more than enough. The Goldwing telescopic front end would not be stiff enough for what you need. The telescopic I have is even too week as I found out when I frogot the centr ramp when removing it from the trailer. I need to put a piggy back system on if I wish to stiffen it up. As it stands mine is approx 650Kg and there is only a little to go so I am hoping to have it on road for under 800Kg's. If you want to discuss futher please Email me or ZUFFEN, mine is [email protected] The threads for the trike are quite old and are in the general discussions so just do a search for it, 1UZFE trike. RESPECT WASA