This is a supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally my zero miles MP112 arrived.

The supercharger was purchased off eBAy and I can recommend the seller "monkeybiscuit".

This unit has no miles on it. It is cleaner than my teeth! I paid $1400.00 US for it and landed it in Australia for around $2,3000.00 Dollars Australian. Less than you would pay for a new M90 supercharger by itself.

You can see the intercooler unit hanging under the supercharger and designed to fit within the valley of the engine.

I will be taking it along to the meet on Sunday in Sydney. I lent my soare engine to a member who waned to trail fit a new project so I can't show it on the engine yet. Maybe another week away.

For the money you can't go past it.

Now I ned to join AZLOC or NLOC to find out what everything does!

It's off a Ford Lightning.

In the middle shot you can see the intercooler hanging below the manifold. This should fit in the valey of my engine. This is the reason I moved the starter.

The only problem is I may have to pull the knock sensors to get it low enough.

I lent my spare engine to another member to trial fit in his project so it may be a week or so before I get the chance to sit on my engine.

Still trying to work this one out!!
The air must go down through the middle of the 'bowl' on the bottom which has the intercooler in it. It hits the bottom then travels back up around the side of the intercooler (between the intercooler and the wall of the bowl). It then goes out therough the 8 runners into the heads.
Have I nutted it out correctly Rod? I think I need to see some photos inside that thing!

QCB,

You have the airflow right.

Whilst it twists and turns a bit it works for Ford.

Quite amazing the amount of wiring on the thing.

I plan on running Autronic with it so can can most of the hoses.

It also came with 8 new coil on plug packs so I'll see what's involved in mincorporating them into the plan.

I guess it weighs around 40lb complete.

Once I get my other motor back I'll position it so we can see if it will fit without too much major surgery.

Pro240C.

Somewhere in there I saw a black supercharger. Looks a mongrel to work on.

The unit's black because it's off the Harley Davidson version of the Lightning. They changed from grey to black in '02. Maybe I can put a "live to ride" sign on the back of the truck. That'd confuse a few people.

Rod,

Since u have a Range Rover, you will have plenty of room for the top air inlet. The Lightning and the Davidson have the same setup. The Cobra have the side air inlet. Looks like to got great deal on it. Harness, fuel raid, injectors and others...

Rod,

Very nice acquisition...

I am confident that you will have it working in no time.

$1400US is a great deal and all the extras may come in handy.

Cheers!

I need to engineer the car with the 1UZ then start fitting the supercharger.

Some provisionsl measurements tell me the complete unit will make the engine 100mm taller than the stock Plenum. This will fit under the bonnnet (hood) easilly. If it won't I'll just lift the body further or space the hood up. As the car doesn't look like anything most people have seen I can play around with the looks and not offend anyone.

Width of the Ford manifold looks very close to the 1UZ and length is pretty close.

I think I'll need short adaptors bolted to the heads in place of the 1UZ manifold and than bolt the Ford manifold to those.

I'm pretty happy with the price. The coolant passages in the manifold show no signs of ever having coolant in them. I'll check the oil in the blower as it's possible it's shipped minus oil. It even came with manifold gaskets.

The only part I don't have s the inlet hose that would connect the t/b to the AFM. I can get them here is Australia from te importers of Lightnings or go to eBay and get an alloy version.

If I can get this on and working I'd think the Cobra would suit a lot of other vehicles. I think the starter will cause trouble for non 4x4 owners.m