tb48de 4.8 v6 engine vs 2uzfe v8 engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

thalj

hi im a toyota fan and i wanted to ask about the tb48de engine found in a nissan patrol.. its is a 4.8 dohc inline engine..

my question is the 4.8 v6 engine found in a nissan patrol stronger than the 2uzfe v8 engine found in a toyota tundra when turbo charging it ?

i know stock vs stock.. nissan is stronger due to its wieght and power.. but what about modifications.. if anyone knows about this plz post.. :)

Nop i mean the nissan body weighs more less and a toyota tundra..

anyways is the 4.8 v6 inline stronger in modification than a 2uzfe v8 v engine

back to my question. do you know what the V means in V6 or V8? its not just a randomass letter people like to slap in front of motors, it does have a lot of meaning, and it does not apply to all motors.

Not having anything to do with engine itself... Its a straight 6 btw...
I wouldn't hesitate to fit turbo or forced induction to one...
I usually fit low comp pistons and replace rods.. But if your after 36% power gain and 50 % more torque ?? Go for it...
It seems a new thing to fit late model 4 wheel drive engines in sedans lately and turbo them.. There's an old Toyota Crown going around with a Landcruiser 4.5 6 cyl, turbocharged .. It pulls low 12's on the 1/4...

In N.Z there was a guy fitting a Nissan 6 with turbo conversion to an old 240K / Skyline... Truck style engines SEEM to be stronger in rotating assemblies.. Though I wouldn't rev them high I would say they'd take some boost....

but you guys didnt tell me what you think .. is the 4.8 6 cylinder inline from a nissan patrol stronger in modifcation than a toyota tundra v8 2uzfe engine ?

How long is a piece of string?

Dollar for Dollar I think the Nissan would win.

Whilst it's not known for revving that's fine in a 4be.

They are not an economical engine to start with so once you start modifying them you will need a big fuel tank and an equally big wallet.

THe 2UZ suffers weak rods and replacement rods are not cheap.

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 047.jpg
    Picture 047.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 053.jpg
    Picture 053.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 051.jpg
    Picture 051.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 3
It seems a new thing to fit late model 4 wheel drive engines in sedans lately and turbo them.. There's an old Toyota Crown going around with a Landcruiser 4.5 6 cyl, turbocharged .. It pulls low 12's on the 1/4...

In N.Z there was a guy fitting a Nissan 6 with turbo conversion to an old 240K / Skyline... Truck style engines SEEM to be stronger in rotating assemblies.. Though I wouldn't rev them high I would say they'd take some boost....

that MS75 crown coupe has run a 10.75 using a turbocharged 1FZFE with a custom inlet plenum.

"truck style engines"...? i take it you mean inline engines...?

i would turbocharge the Patrol six personally unless you plan on upgrading the 2UZ rods to Argo or Carillo or whatever.

the nissan inline sixes are pretty stong units, getting a good sized turbo on them shouldn;t be a problem as their rev range is comparitively narrow so use a big exhaust housing (1.00 A/R or bigger) with a BIG external wastegate and a 0.6 or 0.7 A/R compressor housing. Your exhaust manifold pipe size should match your exhaust port size (or be >just< smaller than) not unlike the setup Dazz used and you'll be laughing all the way from idle to redline.