Supra Pricing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I have been discretly tracking the Supra pricing. For the past few months to a year (Soft Economy) I noticed the Supra MKIV price has been dropping. Few years ago, Supra TT with 6 speed will run minimum around 25K, but now similar specs can be found from 13k to 20k.

The bottom car is selling for 12.5K 1994 TT. No info on transmission and other info. This beauty has only 93k miles.

Drooling and tempting.......

Attachments

• red-supra.jpg
    red-supra.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 31
  • red-supra-2.jpg
    red-supra-2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by a moderator:
David, betcha it's a 5spd NA, or worse, an A/T NA. You wouldn't believe the amount of money owners of these cars spend on them to make them "look" fast. Bodykits, paint, nice rims, etc. But at the end, they still have a car that barely gets out of its own way.

If that car is a TT, perhaps it has more than 200K on the clock.

Funny that the cars bringing the highest resale are the ones that are totally stock, well maintained, and haven't been hacked.

Lately we're seeing a number of people who are doing "restorations" on these cars, and are replacing all the suspension bushings, the door seals, painting/insulating the underbody, etc.

I know that I'm pretty jaded in my opinion of these cars, but I really do see them as being classics in another 10 years. Not classics like a 250GTO of course, but still a very desirable classic car.

David... where would you park this baby? Clean out the car port? yeah right! :)

Well it does have TT front brakes.

Not happening, a tt 6 speed is still going to set you back 20k or more, assuming it's mechanically and aesthetically sound

I have been discretly tracking the Supra pricing. For the past few months to a year (Soft Economy) I noticed the Supra MKIV price has been dropping. Few years ago, Supra TT with 6 speed will run minimum around 25K, but now similar specs can be found from 13k to 20k.

The bottom car is selling for 12.5K 1994 TT. No info on transmission and other info. This beauty has only 93k miles.

Drooling and tempting.......

I honestly not looking for TT 6 speed. I am looking at Auto NA. I want to swap out the 2JZ and perhaps some beefier Bottom with VVTi and single. However, would like to have a clean body and some suspsension done already. I want to stick with auto to make life easier.

Well in that case David the odds should be in your favor. Plenty of uwanted N/A auto's lying around. For that matter... why not just buy a shell and start from there? Less cash to get into and since your junking the 2j, put the savings into a uz swap.

In general, most cars will depreciate and so are the Supra. After a heat wave of racing movies and modding the Supra in the real world, the people may get bored and look for something new. I think that's one part why the Supra depreciates. But then a V8 Supra is new. :D

15 years old on any turbo'd sportcar and your spending 20k is not easy thing to swallow. I can clearly see how 15 year old parts on these cars could wear out.

I would be very picky and patient if I were going to buy one of those Supra TT cars..

Easy to do, isn't it, Steve? Toooooooo Easy.

Ryan
Yep...You pay a little (not actually little), and add them up, they come out big numbers easily and you don't even know it. :) It's more like an obsession. I have 2 different sets of suspension. 2 different engines, 2 different sets of wheels/tires. 3 different turbos (everytime it gets bigger). 2 trannies. 2 times of body paint, and not including single upgrades that have been holding...etc. Everything is for 1 car. :eek: