Sump Fabrication Info.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

daniel_johno

I am pushing along nicely with getting a 1UZ in my Porsche 944 but now have the issue with the sump being in the way of the steering rack.

It seems to be near imposible to get hold of a rear sump assembly over here in the UK so I was going to fabricate my own using the CAD file I found on here for getting the flange made.

Is there any design features I should incorporate in the design or any important baffles etc... I would need?
Should I keep the capacity the same as what the original sump currently is? or would an increase in capacity be advised?
I was planning on making the sump one piece rather than the current 2 piece configuration as it will make things a bit easier provided the modified pick up pipe will fit in before hand.

Any info or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

Not to dissuade you from building one, but they do come up for sale frequently on this side of the pond. Even with freight to the UK, you might save money over building it yourself. And you'd have the assurance of a perfect fit the first time.

Or are you not certain even a normal rear sump will fit around your rack situation?

I think a rear sump would fit around my rack but I was also hoping to make the sump wider at the bottom so it isn't as deep due to clearance problems.
Speaking to some one in work today I may be able to get one made by one of our fabricators as a favour/on the cheap as we are putting a huge order to them so if I gave them my original sump as a template for correct flange hole locations etc... it would hopefully fit ok.

Thanks

Daniel

Luckily Smiffy has a soarer sump he can sell me,

Before I buy would somebody be able to confirm the Soarer sump is a rear sump. I asked the guy selling but he said he only sold and worked on soarers so couldn't comment on the difference between then ls400 etc....

Thanks

Daniel