Standard oil pump flow-rate

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mick_1243

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum as have just got hold of a UZ to put in a project vehicle, first task is the dry sump design, many thanks to all the contributors the forum, plenty has been learnt reading so far!!.

has anybody the flow-rate figures for the oil pump on a 1st gen UZ???, im looking to replace the std pump with a full dry sump unit, and need the flow numbers for speccing the new pressure and scavenge stages. - Any pictures of a dissembled std unit and dimensions of the rotor would be a great help also. Am I right in thinking the standard pump is a gear-rotor design by the way??, yet to strip the engine down to the pump

Cheers

Don't know std flow rate but we are using a Dailey Engineering 5 stage pump with centrifugal oil/air seperator. Pressure is 1.25" wide gear pump, scavenge pumps are 1" wide roots type.

With larger oil clearances our pressure pump is slightly marginal at lower rpm (under 3500), next time we will go to 1.5"/1.625" wide.
Relief spring is maxed out. 60psi hot running above 5000 rpm, 30psi at 2000 rpm.

Don't know std flow rate but we are using a Dailey Engineering 5 stage pump with centrifugal oil/air seperator. Pressure is 1.25" wide gear pump, scavenge pumps are 1" wide roots type.

With larger oil clearances our pressure pump is slightly marginal at lower rpm (under 3500), next time we will go to 1.5"/1.625" wide.
Relief spring is maxed out. 60psi hot running above 5000 rpm, 30psi at 2000 rpm.

Thanks for the info, It seems you are the right person to be talking to about our project!, were looking to produce a full race unit like your own - slightly different application though. Sump and intake are the first parts were looking at.

What size tank are you running? - standard engine takes 5.3l oil capacity I'm informed - could we get away with running a smaller volume system?

For our pump I'm looking at 1.4" scavenge rotors on a 4 stage unit, (2.76 gal per 1" rotor per 1000rpm), would be getting over 1 circulation per min with 6l volume, does your system run similar??

I'm also trying to minimise the sump tray dimensions to lowest possible due to the installation - it will be stressed design also, have you had any apparent pickup problems from running small crank to trayfloor clearance???

Just starting our project so any pointers with all aspects you've had on your race engine would be greatly appreciated,