simple swap Q.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sparky195

I have posted a thread on this site before about my 1uz swap into a FJ cruiser and have retained quite a bit of info after the last month or two but I just had some remaining questions. I was wondering if the US spec Ls 400 is exactly the same as the crown as far a electronics go. I'm still a little lost on which year and possible model I want to be looking for so that I find a motor with the seperate ecu for the tranny and engine ( I'm going with a standard tranny). The other route I was wondering about is the after market ecu. I know you guys talk quite a bit about microtech and Autronic products, how hard are these to install and also what models from either of these companies would be best to use. Thanks for you time and knoledge.

The LS400 has a combined ECU/ECT and the Crown has separate ECU and ECT. They are not interchangable as the plugs are different.

You would need a Crown loom and ECU to make the swap. The Crown loom would be short the wire for the oil level guage.

I'm still looking at aftermarket so will let someone else answer that question.

Everyone has a favourite, but the general concensus is find a good tuner and use what they are good at tuning.

Attachments

• 7c_1_b.jpg
    7c_1_b.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 47