SC400 speedometer doesn't work

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

shaynk

Hi, I'm new here at lextreme but I'm a long time Toyota enthusiast/owner and now a first time Lexus owner. I got a '92 SC400 this weekend that needs a lot of love.

The problem I want to deal with first is the speedometer. It does nothing at all. Also, the odometer doesn't count miles. I am praying that this is simple that involves reconnecting a wire. Can anyone point me in a direction? A part/connection to check? Is this a common problem? My local Lexus dealership says they can probably fix it if I bring it in and give them $1200...

If you remove the cluster from the dash you will find there is four bulk wire plug ins on the back of the cluster... Check those for loose connections as that could be your culprit...

Most likely the cluster itself is damaged...If that is the case just call the local just yards and get a replacement cluster with simular miles showing on it... They sell 1992 Clusters on Ebay too.. It should not cost you more then $300 tops...Alot better then the $1200 dealer quote...