SC400 BHG diagnosis

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

shaynk

I bought a '92 sc400 two weeks ago and now it's overheating (like really, really overheating). My father-in-law thinks it's a blown head gasket (nightmare)...

How can I tell?

As in, remove all the spark plugs? I can't even find them...

Apparently, I'm mot much of a mechanic. My expertise ends after oil changes and alternator swaps...

Well check for milky white streaks in the oil when you check the dipstick and also see if the antifreeze looks like chocolate milk.

you have to take off the engine cover (if you have one) you will see these black things on the side of your engine around the top and on mine they are squares and if you take those off the spark plugs are down in there. I dont know if the older models like yours use distribtors or coils but those are where the spark plugs are if its coils

You can also check the oil dipstick and see if chocolate milk shake color like oil. You can also check fluid in your radiator. Discoloration or excessively low might also be a sign. Secondly, overheating during driving or you see white smoke from the tail pipe.

Could be a number of things, - thermostat, radiator, low coolant, bad water pump, blown headgasket, clogged up coolant galleries in the engine block to name a few. Most often its a leak in the system or water pump. Just take it to a repair shop and let them see what it is.