problems starting 93 es300

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

msp2402

Someone help me please. I go to start my car, and it doesnt start. So i get my dad to jump it and it starts and its running. I go to drive it and when I press the break to put it in drive the car suddenly dies. So we jump it again and then my dad closes my hood and again the car died. We checked the voltage and everything is ok. So we jump it again and close the hood softly, the car is still running and when I press the break to put it in drive it dies. We jump it again and we leave the hood open, and I press the break and put the car in drive and it doesnt die. So basically if the hood is closed and you step on the break it dies. And if the hood is open the car wont die. Can someone help me figure out the problem thanks.

the battery is charged because we checked the voltage when the car died and the meter read 12.5 volts and when we got the car jumped it read 14 volts so the battery gets charged. its just for some reason when u slam the hood or when the hood is closed and you go to press the brake it dies. could it be some sort of short, or wiring problems

Anything is possible as far as a short goes, but I have been working on Lexus for 16 1/2 years and I have NEVER had your problem that it wasn't the battery or alternator.