Powerglide to 1UZ ??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

XR8tt

Anyone fitted Powerglide with Chevy bolt patern to 1UZ motor ?...
I know of the Dellow bellhousing.
But this box has "intergated" housing...
Looks like I'll have to fabricate up a conversion plate....

To buy one local with all the goods you are looking at $3500 to $4500
I can get a Powerglide through Summit / TC! for just over $1200 .. Delivered to door for under $2000 AU... The next strongest Powerglide is to go with aftermarket housing...
So it looks like I'll be making or buying an adapter plate ???
Was tempted to order the T400 as it was the same price...

Sounds like you wanna do some drag racing...

I've seen a powerglide mated with a 2jz... Needed custom bell housing and other crap too.. It fitted and the Supra is not street worthy only track...

Yep !!! Strip or Power cruise events...
Due to Holden [G.M] having a different bolt pattern all 6 cyl and Holden V8's they had separate bellhousings in Aussie...

A turbocharged 4.0 in a Celica with a roll cage is definitely not road legal...I can get away with some mods ! But it would be taking things too far.. Besides I already have a stealth street bruiser..

I would go with a similar setup as I had in my Mk4. It was a bellhousing adpater to a TH400 with the bellhousing machined off and the adapter bolting to the pump bolts. Then the stock toyota bell mounted to the adapter with a custom TC to bolt to the flywheel. It works well and the only real heavy expense is the TC.

I rang a guy here Dominello who builds all sorts of modified auto conversions... Have a few options?
One:: is to mill off and fit another bellhousing...
Two:: is to transfer all internals to a local housing then use Dellow or his own bellhousing to fit up to engine...
I'll use his converter and the price of race converter and exchange parts over is $200 more...So I'll possibly go this way...
There's a lot of price difference between race and road converter....
The race is furnace brazed etc...
I guess a diff ratio around 3.45 would be o/k???
Thinking 145 odd mph ....

hey there i got a 2 speed power glide in my car i brought the 6 cylinder type housing with removable bellhousing and the parts that are in it are from the v8 powerglide and a dellow bellhousing to suit my gear box builder did not want to put the castle main rod shop adaptor on it as it is not the grates from what i got shown and i got a scat sheild over it the converter is a 5500 histall and a transbrake in it for some serious launches at the drag strip if you want i can take some pics of it and put it up for you