power steering moaning, 90 ls400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

phillipguru

I dont think it is leaking, but i'll check the fluid level today at lunch time.

But when the wheel is turned about 30-40 degrees either way it will make a small moaning sound like a beached whale, its not loud but its noticable. For those of you who have had this problem and no leaking, please send me off in the right direction to start. Note its just a sound it doesnt really feel like it affects the steering ration or quality, i will still turn well at 130mph on the freeway

edit, this moan will only occur and low speed ie 25 mph or less at hard turn on the interchanges or off ramps at 40-80mph no moan at all

hah dont lose all hope yet, could be i'm sucking fluid out into my intake manifold, could be a pressure drop, power steer chekc valve, old fluid, dirty fluid, clogged line, not enough fluid, the alternator was already replaced last year, but their is no fluid i see leaking anywhere, but i'ma check the lfuid level in about 15 minutes on my lunch break.

Well i went out on my lunch break, popped the hood. Checked the fluid, it is brown and looks damn old, the cold level was about 1/2 an inch below cold. So i went and picked up some atf base power steering fluid. I put some in accidently over filled it a little bit too much but its coming out anyways on friday. Drove the car around and the moaning kept down a bit more, not as loud and only seems to moan when i turn to the left now. So i think a fluid replacement is in order and will probably take car of the issue.