Painting engine covers and intake

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

loosecannon

Hi,

I am thinking of painting my inlet manifold, and cam covers, I just wondering what paint people are using, I have access to spray painting equipment , I was thinking of using 2 pac paint,

any idea's?

Regards
Dave

Here's a few I've done for customer's Hilux conversions.....The first two I sprayed with heat resistant aluminium paint, with red and blue translucent glass paint over the top in the first photo.Picture003-1.jpgengineswap019.jpgThis one I sprayed with black gloss engine enamel.Picture024-2.jpg

Attachments

• Picture003-1.jpg
    Picture003-1.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 7
  • engineswap019.jpg
    engineswap019.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 7
That stuff will work, not seen it here in the UK.I bought my paint in cans/jars and sprayed it on with an airbrush.Once it's dry, you can scrape it off the 'fins' on the plenum and polish them using progressively finer grads of wet-or-dry paper.

Cool, you have done a nice job on your conversions,

I have used the silver base coat in this paint, comes up real nice,

Thanks for your help !!

what i did on my conversion was cut the cam covers in half
u have the flat part that covers the spark plugs well follow it right to the front
and just where it starts to climp upwards to the section that covers the cam gears
is cut thru that line that way if u ever have to remove the cam covers they come in 2 pieces and u dont scratch them as bad as if they were one piece
and also if u only want to check cam gears then u dont have to pull the back half off aswell

I use Carby cleaner to clean them down after degreasing then VHT engine enamel, Blue Surf last year we found a Ford engine paint that matched the colour of the car perfectly, Done one as a "Black top" and current build is a "Red top" to match the Beams engines. You can use any paint you like but how long it stays there is all down to how you prepare the surface.. Rule is clean 10 times and paint once

what i did on my conversion was cut the cam covers in half
u have the flat part that covers the spark plugs well follow it right to the front
and just where it starts to climp upwards to the section that covers the cam gears
is cut thru that line that way if u ever have to remove the cam covers they come in 2 pieces and u dont scratch them as bad as if they were one piece
and also if u only want to check cam gears then u dont have to pull the back half off aswell

Sounds nice, Have you got a pic?

sorry i sold my ute a year ago
basically u cut them so u have two pieces
one piece covers cam gear
other piece is the flat piece that covers rocker cover where leads go

One done last year using VHT engine enamel shown during trial fitout. Got removed and final cleanup after the pic was taken and after 25k now still looks good. Colour is a Ford Blue which matched the Surf quite well. The current build is painted red on the rocker covers as the owner wanted to confuse people into thinking that she has a Beams engine and we've done a few "Black tops" all with VHT engine paints. The trick is that everything has to be perfectly clean prior to paint or no matter what you put on it will fall off

Attachments

• v817210 003.jpg
    v817210 003.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 11
This is engine is really beautifully painted in red...
Never seen V8 four cam 32 engine before painted like this .....