Optimum flywheel weight?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rivmasta

Hey all,

Anyone got preferences on flywheel weight? Whats stock? Whats a good weight for an offroad racecar that needs tq more than hp, but still needs good throttle response?

I could see a heaver flywheel working in an offroad application, would help the smooth out the constant no grip, lots of grip, no grip, lots of grip, on a rought road or lack there of a road i should say.

other then that heavy flywheels are good for launching a car, the whole momentem thing, outside of that i think lighter is better.

Gearbox is being separated next week, I'll pull the flywheel (alloy aftermarket custom jobbie) and weigh it. I may need to skim it to get a bit more room for the throwout bearing... but hopefully not!

Ill be using a 4kg alloy flywheel with my manual 1UZ conversion.

You mind sharing what flywheel you're talking about. I've been looking for a lighter weight flywheel and if someone already makes one that would save me a lot of trouble.

Tim

You mind sharing what flywheel you're talking about. I've been looking for a lighter weight flywheel and if someone already makes one that would save me a lot of trouble.
Tim

Its made by Alloy Race Components.
I havent weighed it, but its 4-5kgs.

img5464iw4.jpg

img5470uj5.jpg

Off subject.. But every time I see a flywheel it reminds me when I was around 12 giving my Dad a hand to fix a Fordson Dexter's clutch, we separated engine from rear axle.. He was undoing flywheel and I was supposed to holding it... Faaarrrr out they are bloody heavy when they full on your foot !!! From 3 1/2 ft...It was a long time ago too.....The ring gear can do alot of damage !!!!