Old skool Motorola Cellphone (NZ)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lostboy

My '91 LS400 is New Zealand new, and came with a built in Motorola Car Phone. It's an anolog phone, but I don't know what model number it is. While I know I should really be upgrading it, I really want to get it going. I have an account setup with our local provider (who still has an anolog network), and now need to program it.

I did program it once, though the book that was in the car had the incorrect settings for the phone, and thus it didnt work. When we got the correct settings, and set up the account, the phone had locked me out of making changes.

The manual I have says that the phone does have a maximum number of times it can be programmed, and when that is reached, to contact Lexus. I have done this, and they were unable to help me. I have also contacted Motorola, but they say without the model of the phone, there is very little they could do.

Does anyone know how to perhaps do a factory reset on the phone, or get around this lockout? Even just a model number for the phone would help.

Cheers.

i believe the phone that was in this vehicle is a motorola microtac/650.
you may be able to find something on ebay. i found one myself. im just waiting for it to arrive to see if it will work. the plug in looks similar. but im not 100% sure this is the right model. you may want to look on the net just to see if it looks like yours.

cheers.