Oil Filler tool

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

Hello

The snap on tool rep called around the other day. He knows I work on lots of 1UZ and had to show me the following oil filler tool. Made for lexus so you don't spill any oil down the motor. I had to get it. Cheers

Can't help it Justen, some of us are just suckers for a slick gadget.

Sure, we've all got our regular funnels, our short & long funnels, our skinny funnels for topping up the ATF, our fat funnels for putting fuel in, but none of them really "fit" the valve cover.

My wife was moaning that I have a better collection of funnels in the garage than she does in the kitchen, and it's no wonder, most of mine used to be hers!

careful justen, dont want to get slapped with the sarcasm stick!

im sure its an excellent funnel! lol

ok, seriously, on a more budget oriented theme, youll find a whole heap of regular retail plastic 4L and 5L oil conatainers (you chose the brand of oil!) have the same thread on the cap as toyota do for their filler cap.

cut oil empty container in half, turn upside down, screw neck into filler cap

voila!

you too can have a martini brand funnel!

too much sarcasm... that's a paddlin'

jasper.jpg
lol

An opportunity to jump on Ed...Should I take it? :33: Yes, I should.....Payback is way over due....

I agree with you Justen you guys definetely need to get out more... First off any auto parts store sells these generic plastic oil funnels for just a few bucks... They may not fit just perfectly around the base but will work just fine and cost much less I would bet... Infact, you can buy one that will have two purposes like oil and transmission pours unlike this snap on funnel...

Seriously, as long as you don't have parkinsens disease you shouldn't even need a oil funnel..I haven't used one in years with my 1uz's and have never spilt a drop of oil on the motor.....The 1uz oil pour hole is fairly large.. Heck, you can even use rolled up old waxy textured magazine paper to create a temporary oil funnel then toss it in the garbage which saves you funnel clean up and money....

Again, Ed the oil quart cut and reverse pour takes to much time to create and could get messy... Ed you are reaching buddy...

Never big on these oil funnels as you can see... Oil collector when changing the oil is a different story... Ed, Ed, Ed, you sound like a rooking posting up this thread.. Have I rubbed off on you? What next the self "snap on" tire air caps for your four tires maybe?..

Paddle away:booty:

Attachments

• 27122007001.jpg
    27122007001.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 4
nah, just needed a semi plausible tech excuse to post the paddlin pic for john

personally dont use a funnel ;)

Attachments

• IM000876.jpg
    IM000876.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 167
Ed, I thought you started this thread but it was Gloverman as I just took a second look... Now it your turn to jump on me...Dang, it never fails, don't I feel like the jackass again!!! Atleast, I am man enough to admit this... I could have let it go... Ed, I will getcha ya next time..He He..

Gloverman, I won't roast you man.. Your alright in my book.......

Now that got some thoughts flowing quick.

1uzvl
Lucky for me I negotiated a deal with the snap on rep so it cost nothing directly. It was thrown in with some other overprices but very good tools. He is the last of the tool reps that calls on our shop so he gets our business. We have 4 mechanics all with snap on tools ( Now tools can be a major discussion)

Justin maybe we should get out more and wish I could. I started this thread late at night after doing a cambelt / waterpump etc job on a motor and maybe I was delusional or something. I realised I have four more motors to go and then they needed fitting. Heres the list at the moment - 1970 crown MS55, 1994 hilux winch truck , Series 4 RX7 , 1982 crown stationwagon and Toyota Surf KZH185(that nights job). So as you can see I will be stuck at the workshop for a few days yet.

As for it's a plastic funnel. It is a no handed no spill plastic funnel specially for lexus. I had never seen anything like it. Haven't used it yet , don't want to get it dirty. Small things amuse small minds I suppose.

Cribbj - Some things are better kept secret from the Mrs , woman don't seen to understand the importance of some things. To stop the moaning buy her a nice new funnel out of the blue to show how much you care. Just make sure it will suit your needs perfectly.

I'm hard to offend and don't really take things too serious so you don't have to worry Jibby

Cheers All

Now that got some thoughts flowing quick.

1uzvl
Lucky for me I negotiated a deal with the snap on rep so it cost nothing directly. It was thrown in with some other overprices but very good tools. He is the last of the tool reps that calls on our shop so he gets our business. We have 4 mechanics all with snap on tools ( Now tools can be a major discussion)

Justin maybe we should get out more and wish I could. I started this thread late at night after doing a cambelt / waterpump etc job on a motor and maybe I was delusional or something. I realised I have four more motors to go and then they needed fitting. Heres the list at the moment - 1970 crown MS55, 1994 hilux winch truck , Series 4 RX7 , 1982 crown stationwagon and Toyota Surf KZH185(that nights job). So as you can see I will be stuck at the workshop for a few days yet.

As for it's a plastic funnel. It is a no handed no spill plastic funnel specially for lexus. I had never seen anything like it. Haven't used it yet , don't want to get it dirty. Small things amuse small minds I suppose.

Cribbj - Some things are better kept secret from the Mrs , woman don't seen to understand the importance of some things. To stop the moaning buy her a nice new funnel out of the blue to show how much you care. Just make sure it will suit your needs perfectly.

I'm hard to offend and don't really take things too serious so you don't have to worry Jibby

Cheers All

At least you have a good excuse mate :)