New member intro

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Hemi_jay

Hi everyone, I found this cool site after searching for info on Lexus V8 swaps.
Below is a picture of my ride into which I am going to install a 1uzfe.

I hope to learn a great deal from you guys as these motors are new to me (I am a Mopar guy...)

I plan on bolting an M90 to the motor and want to know what the capability is of the stock bottom end. I dont want max power at all, I just want to make a little more than my brother's '09 V6 Hilux and maybe show the LS2 Ute from next door a thing or two :nana:

So I was thinking, get a good motor, rebuild using proper rings and bearings (some help here please, what do I buy?) and run the M90 at no higher than 5psi. What potential pitfalls are there and where do I need to pay special attention? Is the stock fuel system up to task for my goals? So anyway, I would like to say thanks in advance and I look forward to learning a lot here.

350d012.jpg

One great things about the 1uz is it can be bought, fitted and started without any overhaul...
Check under rocker covers for carbon build up.. If clean ?? It should be in good nick..
I have a dead motor [Thanks Rod ] where it was NOT serviced and had blown a head gasket.. I finally took the heavy crank out so I could turn body and engine etc over on rotisserie.. The bearings where in top condition considering the carbon and thick gunk around valve springs etc..
It did have cracked piston but I assume that could have been from over heating??
I would replace water pump, timing belt and any tensioners that sound gritty when spinning..