Need help IDing coolant gunk

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sniper

Super Moderator
Here is whats going on with a motor i just got, took the old water pump out and cleaned the gasket surface. It sat for a while and i noticed little jell globs forming on the edged of the opening. Could this motor have some sort of coolant additive in it? The same thing also has formed around the coolant plate thats on the PS pump side of the motor.

David, no camera so i cant get pix, its green just like the coollant and like i said, its jummy like a jell.

Peewee - ya i was going to flush out the block with water at the very least and change the coolant once or twice once the motor is running. I hope that there are no cracks in the head or head gasket leeks that this additive is hiding.

Anyone know of a flushing agent i can use, or some other DIY coolant flushing system other then running plain water through the motor?

I have never noticed this on LS engines but, ES300s used to get a green gunk that looked kind of like clay when the coolant was old. I was told this is the silicates from the aluminum and old coolant. As already stated, flush it good.

Baking Soda is usually good for cleaning other gunks. You may try it on coolant gunk...:approve: Or you may try some household Chloride gunk cleanser. I guess there'll be some regular tap water involved, which also creates gunk.

I had the same problem when I used the green type coolant, but I did use tap water which contained chlorine. A white coloured gunk formed in the radiator. Seemed to only form when there was air exposed to the colant, ie in the top 20 mm of the radiator. I flushed it out with rain water, put in 4 litres of toyota type red coolant and all seems well now.