Manual conversion, choice of computers????

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can delete the ECT easilly without upsetting the engine ECU.

If you look at the wiring post put up by KDog (its a "Sticky" so is at the head of the electricals section) you will see there are a few wires that run between the ECT and the ECU. All of these can be cut as they are not required.

Essentially get rid of every wire running to the ECT and run you manual.

The ECU won't care.

I've done this in my car and it works well.

Zuffen, thanks for your input... helped heaps!!!

another unanswered question though, are the soarer and crown wiring harnesses much different?? will i be able to use the soarer harness i already have or will i need to change it to a crown one???

RJ

R-Jay said:
Zuffen, thanks for your input... helped heaps!!!

another unanswered question though, are the soarer and crown wiring harnesses much different?? will i be able to use the soarer harness i already have or will i need to change it to a crown one???

RJ

I would guess that the two looms would be almost completely different...If you want to use the Crown ECU, you are more than likely going to need the Crown loom. I could be wrong; if I am , I'm sure Russell or someone else will be along shortly to correct me. :)

Doesnt really matter now... i now have a soarer and a crown motor to use... both with harness....

thanks everyone for the info..

RJ

regardless of the loom, the ecu connectors are pretty much the same - they need a number of wires swapped around between ecus, but using the correct ecu with the corerect harness simplifies it somewhat!

oh & make sure you use the correct igniters with the correct ecu - otherwise it wil go into limp mode. (it will run though)

ps i'm chasing a ls400/celsior ecu & coils.

T

The connectors are not the same. The ECUs are all completely different. Some of the LS400 plugs can be swapped into the Crown ECUs with some forcing, but all the pins are different.
If you want to run the engine only you will need to use a Crown Royal Saloon engine ECU. It will not care if the ECT ecu is there or not.