MAF and ECU interchangeability years???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jake Breyck

hey, i have a 91 1uz and it did not come with a maf or ecu, im comming up on time to put it into my supra, and ill very soon need a maf and ecu to make it run, what year mafs and ecus will it be ok to get and not have a conflict?

there is a 97 maf on ebay i may get but will a 97 work or is there a diffrence? thanks for the input

From my past experiences I would match the same year ECU to the same year motor...I've tried matching a 93 ECU to a my 92 motor and no cigar..I also tried a 94 a long time ago and I found the same problem... The ECU plug wiring connections on the back of the ECU did not match, not even close... It seems each year Toyota made a suttle difference with the ECU and wiring....

My advice is find a 1991 ECU to match your 91 1uz-fe motor... Good luck..

You could always go with a stand alone ECU if you have the extra money to spend and tune the motor to perfection..

89 to late 92 are the same then they changed october 92 and stayed the same till late 94 or there abouts .
You could also use a Celsior ECU and MAF from the same years [ 89 to 92 ]

wow damn exact same year hu? what if im not really sure what year my motor is?

so a stand alone hu? what should i get how much extra, i was hopeing to get the car going in a few days. how long will it take?

If you swap complete ecu and loom then no big problems. Check your loom and count the ecu plugs and then buy the correct ECU is the easiest. All my early MAF are the same - I have up to 1996 motors at the moment. Aftermarket make things really easy and can solve a few problems. Cheers