M112 and chargecoolers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ruishy1

Im starting to design a lower manifold to make these a bolt on affair, still retaining the 1uze injectors etc, but if you get the whole jaguar setup it will bolt on.

this would NOT fit under a stadard bonnet.

would anyone be interested in copies once ive finished ?

it shouldnt be too difficult, the standard lowers could be reworked. but still waiting on my engine getting here so cant even get measuring :mad:

what needs to be modified to fit the Jag setup? how many CM's taller than stock? I have a friend in town selling one for a few hundred and im thinking of fitting it on an SC daily driver at low boost (for now).

I really like the compact IC's and the fact it has 2 of them but dont want to get overly excited if it's way too tall. What if I modifid the sump ahd pickup to be 1'' shorter w/ fat sump for capacity and then made custom 1'' lower mounts?

Last edited:
it will be alot taller than that, 1" wont make it fit under, a modded bonnet will be needed on a soarer or ls400 :)

Ive hopefully just purchased a soarer, so will let you know exactly how much taller it is when ive trial fitted it in a few weeks :)

ive just purchased a running lexus soarer for 300 GBP :D
It needs some bits and bobs, but for the price it gives me all i need to get the supercharger done !

I estimate within 4 weeks, il have all the rough work done :)

thats good :)
Cant wait to get the car and start measuring up, want to make it as bolt on as possible, the supercharger pulley needs changing to a 6 rib, thats gonna be the hardest part i think.

updates will be provided when i get the car and get measuring :D

With the Eaton and Autorotor chargers we've had difficulty getting much more than 120-150 degrees of belt wrap, and with only that, you'll be facing slippage. If you have any notions about eventually going more than 5-10 psi on the boost, you might want to consider an 8 rib.

Even with an 8 rib I was experiencing slippage at 18-20 psi on my Opcon Autorotor 322. I'm now changing to a dedicated Gilmer type drive.

The supercharger has an 8 rib pulley. Leave it there and run a 6 rib and see what happens.

If you need more wrap run dual idlers immediately below the supercharger pulley like a Ford Lightning.

My setup runs around 175degrees of wrap on the supercharger pulley, plus an 8 rib. At 22.5psi I don't get any slip only detonation!

So you recommend running the 8 rib one then ?
as i said i dont have the car yet, ive bought it, but wont have it till next weekend, then i can measure things, my main concern is the room at the back of the engine, where the throttle body is on the jag setup, il prob need to do some fabbing there to have a side exit TB.

It will be a big job i reckon but well worth the hassle :D

Ok i have the car now, it needs some work, but thats what projects are for :)

With the jaguar chargecoolers, there is a small extra part to the inlet, that houses the injectors etc, its about 3 inches thick.
What i was going to do i re-engineer one of these adapters, to mount to the 1uzfe head, and the connect to the chargecoolers.
thus making it an almost bolt on affair :D

So i dont need to remove my inlet just now, does anyone have a drawing with measurements of the 1uz intake flange ?
then i can compare it to the jaguar ones and start designing the adapters.

With the new intake, will the installed height be lower than original? I was thinking of swapping one of these into an SC, but w/o a modded hood it's not possible. I guess if somehow the inlet was moved the side or rear of the charger it could clear. What ride is this going into?

There is a solution to reduce the height of the supercharger assembly, but it involves some fairly serious remodeling
on the front of the engine.

Basically, you remove the front water bridge and termostat housing and replace the front water bridge with 2
small adaptors where it's bolted to the heads. On top of the adaptor you use 2 Honda CBR600R thermostatic housings.
In other words, you run the engine on a common water pump but on two separate water circuits with one
Honda termostatic housing on each bank.
This enables you to lower the supercharger at least 5 cm.

Intersting, its something to consider i suppose.
I dont want to lower it though, i intend to hae my supercharger sticking through the bonnet, i want to intimidate other people :D
Trond, thanks for the email, il download solidworks today and have a look at it.

thanks

Ross

Hey I wouldn't mind the sucker sticking up and out either... just ruled it out because I can't seem to find a fiberglass/CF hood that would clear. Are you fabbing your own?

no, just going to modify the original, cut a hole, weld some streng back in and put grommet edging round the hole to keet it legal :)

Cant seem to find a free copy of solidworks though, can anyone point me in the right direction ?