Karmen Vortex Elemination....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I see, since everything is triggered from the crank sensors, how that could be a problem.
On other (GM) cars, I've been able to maintain fuel by hard wiring the fuel pump, but the ignition will then shut down soon after the fuel cut.
So, if one were to have a separate, crank fired ignition system, then it may be possible to achieve higher revs with the stock ECU.

Has anyone tried this with the Fuel Pump to see if this is how our cars function?

I don't see any point with my automatic SC, but I'm always up for a challenge, especially if it's defeating a governor of some sort.

yes if you were to have a completely independant ignition system which did NOT rely on the ECU for it's triggering and firing system then it is *possible* in my opinion to go to higher RPM....

however you would need a fully programmable ignition system capable of reading the crank signals from the factory dissys etc and then capable of controlling the twin coil systems..... and by fully programmable i mean having the complete ignition advance curves programmed!!

That is basically an aftermarket ecu there, minus the fuel control. So for all intensive purposes; if you want a higher RPM, get an aftermarket ECU.

yes if you were to have a completely independant ignition system which did NOT rely on the ECU for it's triggering and firing system then it is *possible* in my opinion to go to higher RPM....

however you would need a fully programmable ignition system capable of reading the crank signals from the factory dissys etc and then capable of controlling the twin coil systems..... and by fully programmable i mean having the complete ignition advance curves programmed!!

That is basically an aftermarket ecu there, minus the fuel control. So for all intensive purposes; if you want a higher RPM, get an aftermarket ECU.

for the price of aftermarket ecus these days i dont see why people go to all these hassles

its ok to play and tinker with small gadgets but ive always fitted top qual gear

if i ever went afterm,arket i would use autronic
i understand them better than others

A standalone ECU would make a lot of sense when you've put the 1UZ in a donor car, but because I have a Soarer my concern is that if the standard ECU isn't seeing the engine a whole host of things will probably stop functioning. Has anyone with a Soarer (specifically the UZZ31 with the EMV) fitted standalone engine management? If so what we the side effects?

Mine has been converted to a manual transmission so I wouldn't be affected by issues with the auto box.