Is there a RESET for the CHECK ENGINE light?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Speedo

Just had the timing belt, pulleys, waterpump, seals, distributor caps and air filter replaced.

Now the "check engine light" stays on constantly.

Is there a standard way to reset this light back to off after a job like this, or does this seem like the sign of a real problem?

You need to find out what is wrong with your car. U can reset the ecu with the fuse box in your engine. It should be green relay.

if your mechanic doesnt understand that the CEL has certain diagnostic codes, or doesnt understnad what those codes mean.... then find another COMPETANT mechanic.

Pulled Fuse-Check Eng Light still on...

Peewee said:
Pull the EFI fuse for 5mins.
Then put it back in and go for a drive.
If the CEL comes back on come back here and we'll tell you next step
OK, I pulled the fuse and waited and the CEL is still on.

CONTEXT: After a timing belt replacement (pulleys, seals, water pump too), the mechanic said the code indicated "crankshaft", however the car is running and driving without problems (EXCEPT THE CEL STAYS ON).

What is the "next step"?

Turn the key to 'ON'
Put a paperclip or a short section of wire between TE1 and E1 in the diagnostics connector.
The CEL will flash. Count the flashes. X flashes, 2 sec pause, Y flashes, 4 sec pause is code XY.

Watch it a couple times through, just to make sure you have it correct.

Tell us what code it throws

Ok. The answer seems to be a CODE 13, according to the
mechanic who replaced the timing belt. He has taken it apart again, has checked the sensors and everything he can think of, but so far can't figure out why the check eng light is lit.

WHATS THE NEXT STEP?

thanks

i had this happen to a job i wired
the mechanic did the cam belt timing wrong

does the car run abit laggy

the 1uz is smart enough to know when the cam sensors are out a tooth or more

they redid the cambelt timing and the code 13 went away

I want you to know I appreciate your help and advice. The car does NOT seem to lag, seems to run fine. The mechanic tells me he took the top off the engine a second time, checked the belt timing, assures me it is correct. He says that BOTH cam sensors are plugged in as well. He said the only way to test the sensors is a resistance check, and they both check-out ok.

I really don't know what else that I can suggest to him. His thought was that one of the sensors may be going bad, and that "all you can do is wait and see if one of them fails at some point".

Any other thoughts, opinions and suggestions are welcome.