I Need Hid's!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

6spdSC4

Well I've made the decision to buy HID's for the SC due to the hairy night experience this past weekend. I want 12k's but they're hard to find. Anyone know where I can get a good quality 12k kit for the '95 SC4?

Remember, the higher you go up the light spectrum, the less visible illumunation you will get. I did not even know they made a 12k...I have 4300, and they are great, and beginning to break in a bit. Soon, they should have a nice blue hue to them...

Ryan

MidShipCivic said:
12k is bad that will put out no light on the road.

www.hidplanet.com/forums
http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html

Correction : BMW used 6000k.
You guys will learn nothing is better than 4300k.
BMW does not use Ultinons (6000K),they use 4100K bulbs. The reason for the purple you see at times is due to the projector's prismatic effect. Only a very small area of the beam is this hue,the rest is white.

image4.jpg

(this fellow's projector was not mounted in a headlight so it was tilted,properly mounted you will get a ______/ kind of cutoff pattern)

The best way to do HID lighting is by retrofitting OEM HID projectors into your stock headlights.

I have decided to go with a nice set of Philips 4300k HIDs after reading up on them I think the 4300 is the safest and best choice. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a conversion kit for my SC? I wanted to do the retro-fit but unless someone wants to give me $600 dollars I won't be able to afford the $1000 price tag! Let me know if anyone can get any killer deals!

6spdSC4 said:
I have decided to go with a nice set of Philips 4300k HIDs after reading up on them I think the 4300 is the safest and best choice. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a conversion kit for my SC? I wanted to do the retro-fit but unless someone wants to give me $600 dollars I won't be able to afford the $1000 price tag! Let me know if anyone can get any killer deals!

BMW ethier used phillips 5k or 6k I'm not so sure.

www.xenondepot.com

6spdSC4 said:
Try MVPMotorsports.com. Dusty the owner has been a Supra owner for many years and may know if his Philips or Phoenix kits will fit your SC4. At the risk of oversimplification, I'm guessing if you have 9006 projectors for low beams, then they'll work as well as they do on the Supra. His prices are in the $560-$600 range for these kits. If that's still too dear, check the For Sale area http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=8 of SupraForums, and there's usually 1-2 sets of used HID's for sale there. I think a set sold last week for only $150 or so. You'll have to register on their home page: www.supraforums.com before you can access the For Sale area.

John

Here are a couple of shots David. Mine are Phillips Ultinon 4300k. As you can see, they are very white, very bright, and have a slight purple hue to the light.

Ryan

14818Cutoff_1-med.JPG

14818Cutoff_3-med.JPG