engine block weight differences between 3uz 2uz 2jz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
well i know i'm reviving a dead thread but this one was the jackpot of 2uz specs! Been wondering it's weight forever. so 500lb block vs 407? I saved almost that much by swapping for lighter seats... 2uz all the way now.:arms:

well i know i'm reviving a dead thread but this one was the jackpot of 2uz specs! Been wondering it's weight forever. so 500lb block vs 407? I saved almost that much by swapping for lighter seats... 2uz all the way now.:arms:

Why? The 1uz has 6 bolt mains vs 2 bolt on the 2uz. With a good tune you should not have to worry below 1000hp. How much is needed?

2UZ block has consistently been shown to be no stronger than the alloy block and potentially a little weaker.

Good torque gains from the xtra capacity, but for my application at least the alloy block is miles ahead

Points taken gents. i have gone over the ups and down for a while now and decided it's cost effective enough to try it. For starters this will be my daily driver for the rest of my college career, maybe more who knows so I have set my limits, and 7psi procharged won't ever get any higher. Maybe throttled from 12psi but no more actual boost.

The strength of 2uz is weaker IMO too, but like I said 7psi isn't a huge demand and those spiffy 6-bolt mains won't ever be critical. ARP all over should fix that, at lease for my needs. I bought a 2uz shortblck OEM from david and I got a real good deal on it. I am debating whether or not to swap my 1uz rods over but if boost NEVER changed why should I invest on wasted insurance? I read about wayne rather's 9psi 2uz that blew, but that catch with that was the truck gearing + 100hp nitrous. I would like to keep a few psi on the table as ''breathing room" for the base block. I think the huge jump in torque and bump in hp will satisfy my needs. I'm shooting for 325-350rwhp with the 1.5uz on 7psi.

Does anyone have a good idea whats a good SAFE boost level or rwhp for 2uz with stronger bolts?

Straight line romps are basically why i love my sedan, I have years and years to go before I get all my points expunged off my record, I like the feeling of knowing it's build for freeway use, not autocrossing.

BTW 1 man + 2uz + stairs = -5yrs life expectancy. Sure looks good mounted up in the kitchen :smoker:.