diffs in 93 hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hilux_bondy_007

hye guys i have a 93 hilux and runnign 1uz and lexus auto i wa wondering wat would be best diffs?? i got 4.88 atm wit 33's should this be alright or should i change

hey mate i just logged on to post a topic exactly on this.
mine is the same but is running a 5 speed r154 box

was yours originally a 2.8 deisel with 5 speed?
if so are the 4.88's the standard ratios?

i also have a 90 hilux originally fitted with a 22r petrol
do u know what ratios these run?

im interested because i dont want it to rev for ever on long trips in the nt and soon it will be running 35's so keen to find out.

sorry for hijack mate but need the same info

cheers
stewy

after a bit of searching i found this, these are what my luxes are (factory ratios) the single cab is fitted with a v6 commo and t700 auto and at around 110 it sits on 3200 rpm

the dually is the one fitted with the 1uz and havent run it yet but i could get 145 out of it b4 the swap and would sit on 3550 rpm

so for me i think the dualcab ratios will be fine for the long trips
but im also thinkin if u think the 4.8's seems slugish down low then i will have trouble starting off lol with 4.3's

Single cab rn105 22r petrol 5 speed manual
Diff ratios = 4.875

Dualcab ln106 2.8 deisel 5 speed manual
Diff ratios = 4.300

id be interested to see what other people are running

Mine had 4.55s standard and I went to 4.3s but mine is turboed. I hardly use low box now as it has heaps of torque. Works well as i am mainly on the road but I only have 31 inch tyres. Another mate has 4.1s in his and its awesome on the road. revs around 2200 at 100km/h and give good fuel ecomony. I have another mate running 35s and he has 4.88s which suits him as he spends more time in the mud. It all depends on what you intend to use it for and the transmission/gearbox combo. Cheers

hi also if any body knows, Im a hiace job and want to know if i run a 3.08 diff is that all good and can i have the factory speedo set to this (will be running standed box and 255/40/17 tyre, thanks heaps, pete